Ch.6: Tag Team Championship Match

Zoey's POV-

After talking with Damian I made my way back to my locker room and started to prepare for my match. Opening my suitcase, I pulled out the gear I had planned for tonight. Since this is my first championship match, I decided I wanted to pay homage to my mother. She has given me a bunch of her old gear from over the years and I would wear pieces from time to time, but tonight, pretty much my whole outfit was hers. Getting dressed, I changed into a white cropped shirt with a silver skull on the front with my fishnets underneath, army green shorts with a black belt and chain. Hell, I even had my red thong straps showing the way she used to.

I put on my kneepads and boots before slipping on my bracelets. I fix my hair before grabbing my makeup bag and sitting in front of the mirror and started doing my makeup.

 I fix my hair before grabbing my makeup bag and sitting in front of the mirror and started doing my makeup

As I worked on my eyeshadow, I couldn't help but think back on my conversation with Damian. We both found out that Dominik had been lying to me about Rhea. He really had me convinced that she and Damian were together and that I actually had no chance.

I felt like a complete fool. I should've known better, but I allowed my emotions to get the better of me.

What hurt me the most was the fact that not only did Dominik lie to my face but he did the one thing he knows I absolutely can't stand. Comparing me to my mother's controversial past.

It's no secret that I love my mother, she's my best friend! I'll be the first one to tell you so! But what she did in the past has nothing to do with me and when people try to use it against me, it makes my blood run hot. My father did it to me for YEARS. Ever since I was a teen he used to always scream at me; "you act just like your mother". He meant it in the way she had multiple relationships, all of them pretty toxic in their own ways.

Dominik knows just how bad that bothered me because he's experienced this first hand a few times when we were younger. I've confided in him about it and he still had the balls to use the same phrase as my father.

I don't know if I'd ever be able to fully comprehend why he would. It hurt too much to think about it.

Looking myself in the mirror, I took a deep breath as I tried to switch gears and focus on my match tonight. I've already faced Carmella and believe I have a good understanding of what I need to pick the win up over her, but I've yet to face Zelina. Rhea has faced both of them multiple times, so I know she already has a pretty decent understanding of what we'll need to do.

The best thing I could do for myself was to calm down, focus and do what I do best. Go out and kick some ass.

When I finished my makeup, I started stretching until there was a knock at the door. I turned around just as Rhea came in.

"Hey, I just wanted to see if you were-" She stops and looks me over. "Wow!"

"Do I look okay?" I looked down at myself, holding my arms out and doing a little spin.