Ch.2: They're Just Friends, Right?

Zoey's POV-

 After the interview had ended, Rhea and I had gone our separate ways. Back in my locker room, I changed out of my ring attire and into my "casual" wear. With my bag in hand, I left the locker room area and began to make my way down the hall and towards the parking lot. 

  As I walked, I had my headphones in listening to "Ocean Avenue" by Yellowcard. Humming along with the song, I started to slightly nod along with the beat. I was very easily influenced by music and would sometimes get too into it. Right now I was going a pretty good job at containing myself.

"If I could find you now things would get better. We could leave this town and run forever. I know somewhere, somehow we'll be together. Let your waves crash down on me and take me away, yeah." I started singing, not paying a bit of attention to where I was going until I bumped right into someone and found myself flat on my ass. 

"Shit! I'm so sorry!" I took out my headphones and noticed the person I had bumped into had dropped their drink, which I was silently thanking God it was in a closed bottle.

Grabbing the bottle, I was now on my knees as I went to hand the bottle back.

"I should've been paying more atten-" I stopped once I looked up and saw that the person I had bumped into was Rhea.

 She looked at me with a bit of concern, not even worried about her drink. 

"Are you alright??" She reached down, grabbing my wrist and helping me up.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I nodded, regaining my composer. "Again, I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." I held the bottle out to her again.

 Rhea finally takes it and places it in a pocket in her bag. "No worries. I just hope I didn't hurt you. Nikki has run into me a time or two and she says it's like running into a brick wall." She laughs softly.

 "No, you didn't hurt me at all." I giggled, tucking a strand of my hair back behind my ear. "I can be a bit of a clutz sometimes to be totally honest."

"We all have our moments." Rhea smiles.

 "Yeah," I nodded, smiling as well. 

"Hey, I'm actually glad I caught you, I wanted to ask you something."

"What's up?" I looked up at her.

 "I was wondering if you had already been given a "travel buddy"? We have them to make it a bit easier to get everyone from place to place."

 "Actually, I haven't now that I think about it," I said as a matter-of-factly.

"Well, since Nikki is gonna be out for a while- and you and I are gonna be teaming up, would you wanna be travel buddies?"

"I'd love to!" I beamed. "That actually saves me a lot of stress." I giggled nervously.

"That makes it even better then, huh?" Rhea grins.

"Yeah, totally!"

Rhea smiles and nods. "I'm assuming you were heading out as well?" She motions to my bag in hand.

 "Uhm, yeah, actually. I was!" I looked to my bag and back to her. "I was gonna call an uber once I got to the parking lot."

"Oh, well, if it's not pushing any boundaries, I can give you a ride back to the hotel if you'd rather?" She offers.

"Seriously?" 

"Totally!" Rhea smirks. 

"If you really don't mind, I'd appreciate it."