Bondings and Misinterpretations

SLAPPP!!!!

The whole room was gushed over in silence, with just this sound ringing in everyone's ears.

Batuk's head swung to the side forcibly as he received the slap and recovered to his original position like a corpse- his beady eyes moistening from the stinginess of the pain.

He sat there with a blank mind, entering a coma like stage as he attempted to process what he had just went through. Her tight slap nearly sent his soul out of his body- that's how hard it was.

Meanwhile, Vashma, who was kneeling in front of him, had her mouth covered in shock. She didn't expect to slap him with this much force and regretted her actions instantly. Also the way in which Batuk was sitting lifelessly concerned her greatly.

"Omg! I'm so sorry!!! I didn't mean to hit you that hard!!!" she whimpered worriedly whilst caressing his flushed cheeks.

As she traced her fingers over his face, she was able to feel his swollen skin where the streaks of her slap lied and it made her feel even worse.

Whilst this was going on, the other four stared at the quivering girl unbelievably, having their jaws dropped wide from being dumbstruck at what they had just witnessed.

They all thought of Vashma being the quiet, reserved girl but they never expected her to portray this much physical strength in just one hit and it honestly baffled them to the core.

"Oh God! Your cheeks are swelling! What do I do now?!!" Vashma stressed frantically as she helplessly looked over at the rest of them.

That was when Anirudh came out of his thought bubble and cautiously crawled his way to his still younger brother.

"Batuk... are you okay?..." Anirudh asked concernedly as he leant up closer and intently examined his face.

"Damn! Vashma really didn't hold back her aggression when it came to slapping her husband!" he thought internally before tapping Batuk's shoulders.

"Batuk..."

It was at that point when Batuk seemed to come back to life and bewilderedly stared at the two worrying faces in front of him.

"Y-Yeah... I'm f-fine..." Batuk whispered hesitantly, trying to portray that he was unbothered.

"Why are you lying? We can all see from your face that you're trying to hide your pain! This is why I was being very hesitant but you still forced me to do this! Now look!" Vashma scolded emotionally before anxiously holding her head, "Oh no! What if your Kaka sees this?!"

At that point, everyone else shuffled closer to the youngest Roy Chowdary member and analysed the state of his face worriedly.

"Don't worry, Vashma, I'll sort this out. Boudi, do you have a spare handkerchief?" Somnath queried to which she nodded.

"Can you you bring it to me? Also Vashma, go and get a jug of ice cold water from the bathroom."

Soon the two girls hurriedly brought the right things and handed it over to the doctor who was still holding onto his brother's face.

He then dipped Bondita's handkerchief into the jug of water and pressed it firmly against Batuk's enflamed cheeks.

"Just keep holding onto it like this for a while. When you feel the cloth getting warm, drench it back into the water and place it onto your face again. This should help you for now." Somnath clearly instructed whilst Vashma stood next to him, trembling in fear.

"But what would happen if the marks or the swelling don't go away and Batuk's Kaka finds out about this?!" she questioned nervously.

Anirudh felt bad from seeing her state and tried to console her.