Ph3 Ch18: The Twin Chefs

The knight landed on a pile of trash, and Mono and Six fell down as well. Unfortunately, not all of the area was filled with trash, and Mono landed on the hard floor. The knight ran to its friend, worried if he got hurt. It shook him, trying to wake him up. There was no response. The knight looked at Six, who was climbing out of another pile of trash.

"Why does this place have so many trash chutes?" She complained.

The knight ran to her, got her attention, and pointed to Mono. Six understood, and ran over to him. She tried waking him up, but it seemed like he was out cold.

"We'll have to carry him," Six said.

The knight nodded, and grabbed Mono's left arm. Once it grabbed it though, it noticed something was wrong. His arm was swollen, and bent in a way it shouldn't be. The knight tapped Six, and showed her Mono's arm.

"It's broken," she said after inspecting it. "Luckily it's not that complicated, just seems like a problem in the forearm." Six looked at the knight. "Do you know a way we could heal him? We don't have a lot to work with."

The knight looked around. Surely there was something to use. Soon, it saw the answer. An old sponge was in the corner, with soul particles sprinkling over it. It wasn't the best place to rest, but if a corpse could be used as a bench, so could a sponge. Six helped the knight move Mono over to the sponge, and lay him down on it. The knight made sure to set his arm as the soul particles seeped into him. Mono's eyes slowly opened, then he quickly sat up, breathing heavily.

"What happened?" He asked.

"You broke your arm after you fell," Six explained.

Mono held his arm. "It feels fine, how did you fix it?"

"I don't know how, but somehow your friend knew laying on this sponge would heal you."

The knight looked at Mono.

"Thanks," he said.

The knight bowed.

"Guys, I think we might have another problem," Six said. "Sponges don't just get thrown away anywhere. There's only one place where you'd throw one away."

"Where's that?" Mono asked, getting up.

"I think we're about to find out."

Six walked forward, leaving Mono and the knight a bit behind. Mono looked at the knight, and it shrugged. At this point, the knight felt okay with trusting Six. It didn't feel completely confident, but okay. The knight took Mono's hand, and they both followed Six. They followed her into a vent, and through the tunnels, until she stopped. The knight heard Six gulp. It tapped her back, and she pointed outside the vent.

Both of the chefs were in the room. Cleaning dishes in water that was definitely contaminated, and scrubbing them with old, smelly soap. It reminded the knight of rancid eggs. As it looked into the room, Six jumped out of the vent, and into another vent on the floor. The knight followed her, along with Mono. Six lead them to the other side of the room, but they all came to a locked door.

Six started to silently panic. From what the knight could tell, her plan failed. The knight reached for her hand, and held it. Six looked back, and the knight gave her an assuring nod. Six nodded back.

"I think one of the chefs has the key to that door," Mono whispered.

The knight peeked out of the vent, and saw the silver key on the first chef's apron.

"What do we do?" Six asked.

The knight drew its nail in response. Mono understood, and drew his ladle. Six drew her shovel, and all of them nodded at each other. Then, the knight leapt out of the vent, revealing itself to the twin chefs. They both wailed, and charged at it, reaching out their hands. The knight dashed away, and Mono and Six revealed themselves. They both struck the first chef at his legs. The chef wailed, and several blobs of infection spewed out from his body.

As the knight avoided the blobs, the second chef spit out more blobs from his mouth. Both of the chefs charged towards the group, forcing them to scatter. The knight ran to the first chef, knowing that he had the key. The chef jumped up, and sent shockwaves across the floor as he landed. The knight responded with a descending dark. Mono and Six ran towards the first chef, and hit him from the back. Six boosted Mono up to the chef's head, and he slammed his ladle down on top.

The first chef started wobbling as it spewed out more blobs of infection. The knight sent a shade soul right to his chest, forcing him down. His body burst into several orange blobs, scattering all over the room. The second chef screamed, seeing the state of his brother. He charged over to his brother's body, and swiped the key from his apron. The knight could tell that he didn't want the three of them escaping. Not after what they did.

The second chef started hurling massive chunks of the infection from his mouth, and spewing even more infection from his body. The knight tried its best to avoid, but it was hit by a large chunk. It looked at its masks. The chunks did two masks of damage. That was not good. The knight quickly regained its composure, and ran towards the second chef. Mono glitched himself to avoid the attacks, and Six hid behind several dishes. Mono and the knight hit the second chef multiple times, but it all just seemed to anger him. The chef charged towards the knight all of a sudden, dealing two more masks of damage to it.

As the knight struggled to get up, the chef started changing towards it once again. When all of a sudden, a pile of plates fell on top of him. The second chef looked in the direction of the attack, and Six threw her shovel right into his mouth. The chef started choking, and Mono finished him off by pushing a large pot on top of his head. The second chef fell to the floor, and just like the first chef, his body burst into orange bubbles.

Everyone took a moment to breathe, and recover. Six jumped down to the ground, and retrieved her shovel. Surprisingly, it wasn't that disgusting. Mono went to the second chef's apron, and took the key. The knight walked up to Six, and bowed. It was quite happy that she finally found courage to fight. And although Six didn't understand the bow, she gave a small smile.

With the key, Mono unlocked the door, and inside was a mechanism for a set of moving hooks above them. Six pulled the lever, and the hooks started moving. She jumped up, grabbed onto one of the hooks, and started riding on it. The knight did the same, and so did Mono. They rode the hooks through the cleaning room, into another room, and over a large chasm.

Suddenly, a small bee flew in front of Six's face. She screamed, and let go of the hook.

"SIX!" Mono yelled as she fell down the chasm.

He jumped down after her, ignoring what happened to him last time. With both of them gone, the knight leapt off its hook as well, and plummeted into the chasm with them.

____________________________________________________________

Fun fact: I had to re-write the beginning of this chapter because I realized I was following the little nightmares boss formula.

Normally, that isn't a bad thing, but in this crossover, I like to make bossfights different. Hollow knight bosses becoming chase scenes, and little nightmares bosses becoming fights.

I realized I wasn't doing enough of that in this phase, so I decided to fix that.

Hope you all enjoyed, and I'll see you in the next chapter!