"I didn't think Kimiko was an Uchiha, though," Muses the Haruno.

"Well, she isn't," Inputs Kakashi thoughtfully, causing Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke to glance at him.

"But, then how—?" Sakura begins only for Kakashi to interrupt.

"Kimiko comes from a clan that is home to the Tengan—heavenly eye. It's a powerful Dojutsu that allows them to copy other Kekkei Genkai, such as my and Sasuke's Sharingan."

"Whoa," Sakura breathes.

"Yes. They were pretty powerful back in the day," Guy adds.

"What do you mean, they "were," Guy Sensei?" Tenten asks.

"I don't know all the details, but the Sumire clan was sadly—and brutally—massacred six years ago. It's believed everyone was killed, but it seems as though Kimiko, the eldest princess, managed to survive somehow."

They all look back at the arena as Kimiko heaves a sigh.

"I was really hoping I could get out of fighting but it looks like I have no choice," She mumbles. Ren scowls in annoyance as she faces the blonde fully. Kimiko starts to do hand signs and Kakashi's eye widens at the familiar signs. He becomes even more stunned as the sound of cracking energy is heard throughout the room.

"What's that sound?" Asks Sakura nervously.

Lightning crackles around Kimiko's right hand, casting an ominous glow to her face as she holds it up.

"I don't believe it," Guy says. He glances to the Hatake. "Kakashi, when did you teach Kimiko the Chidori?"

This makes the Genin curious.

"I honestly didn't teach it to her," Kakashi answers truthfully, gazing back at his student. "Kimiko must've copied it with her Sharingan, though I don't even know when she used her Sharingan to copy it or when she even copied the Sharingan..." He trails off as his mind wanders back to the Land of Waves mission. "Of course! It must've been when we fought Zabuza in the Land of Waves and on the bridge! I didn't even realise..."

"Do you think she can handle it?" Guy asks, watching as Kimiko pulls her arm back.

"Yes. I do," Kakashi responds unwaveringly.

"Now it's over," Kimiko says before launching her arm forward. Ren is unable to move as the Chidori plunges into her stomach. Kimiko's arm is coated in blood as Ren coughs it up. Once the electricity finally dies down, Kimiko pulls her arm free.

She stares blankly at the purple haired girl as she falls onto her back with a heavy thud.

Silence greets Kimiko as she straightens. But just then, Ren's body transforms into a log, surprising Kimiko and the onlookers.

Kimiko hears Ren give a war cry as she charges at Kimiko from behind.

With blinding reflexes, Kimiko whips out her twin fans, making Temari blink her deep blue eyes a few times in curiosity.

"What the heck can she do with those tiny things?" Kankuro asks.

"I doubt she could do much at all," Temari mocks.

Everything seems to move in slow motion as Ren nears Kimiko, a kunai knife in hand. Snapping her metal fans open, Kimiko whirls around and thrusts her arms outward, flowing her wind chakra into her fans.

Ren grunts as she slams into a wall of solid air, before that wall of air blasts her back up off the ground. She cries out as she slams into the wall right between Temari and Kankuro upside down, the impact having formed a crater.

There's a couple of heartbeats of silence as the purple haired girl slowly slides down the wall before finally collapsing in a heap, a high pitched groan of pain escaping her.

Kimiko remains in her stance with ear arms held in front of her for another moment or two, before she finally relaxes her stance, closing her fans with a flourish before sheathing them.

Hayate clears his throat as he calls, hand held out to Kimiko, "And the wonder of the first match is Kimiko Sumire!"

Lee, Naruto, Sakura and Kiba burst into loud cheer, Akamaru barking happily from atop the Inuzuka's head.

"Alright! That's my teammate!!" Naruto cheers happily as Kakashi grins at the violet eyed girl. She may be lazy but she's an incredible fighter when she puts her effort into it.

Kimiko sweeps a mocking bow to Ren's teammates who gape at her, stunned, before Kimiko turns and starts for the stairs. Medics enter the arena with a stretcher and go up the opposite stairs to take Ren to the infirmary.

"Alright, way to go, Kimi-chan!" Kiba says as he bounds over to her, grinning widely. "You were awesome!"

Kimiko blushes slightly at his compliments as she says, "Thanks. It was nothing I couldn't handle."

"Heh! I wasn't worried at all! I knew you could beat her the whole time!"

Kimiko smiles at him as Hinata goes over to her with a metal tin in hand. "You were great, Kimiko. Um... here. I thought you might need this... for your wounds."

Kimiko blinks her violet orbs a few times at the silver tin Hinata is holding out to her.

Kurenai turns to them as she tells Kimiko, "It's disinfectant ointment, Kimiko."

An appreciative smile forms on her face as Kimiko says to the blue haired girl, "Thanks, Hinata. Much appreciated! I'll bring it back once I'm finished, 'kay?"

Hinata nods her head as Kimiko strides past her to her teammates. Upon reaching them, she's immediately glomped by Naruto and Sakura.

Laughing, Naruto says, "Hahaha! You were brilliant, Kimi-chan! Especially during that Genjutsu!"

"I really wish you hadn't called me out, Naruto," Kimiko grumbles as he and Sakura pull back. "You really are annoying like that, you know?" Naruto just giggles giddily, hands folded behind his head.

Kakashi goes up to Kimiko and asks, "Why didn't you tell me you'd copied my Sharingan and Chidori?"

"And ruin the surprise? No way!" Kimiko says jokingly, making him chuckle.

"That was an excellent move you pulled, though," He adds as she starts putting the ointment on her wounds.

Once it was rubbed in, Kimiko activates her Mystical Palm Jutsu and closes the wound, Sakura watching on curiously.

"Nice match, Kimiko," Sasuke tells her once she'd finished healing her wound, causing Kimiko to look up at him. "I knew you had it handled."

Kimiko smiles and punches his arm playfully, causing Sasuke to flinch as he rubs it. "Thanks, Sasuke!"

"Ow. Did you have to hit that hard?"

"Maybe?" Kimiko asks rather than says, making the Uchiha heave an annoyed sigh.

The Sumire goes back to Hinata to return the disinfectant ointment as she'd said she would. Then the violet eyed girl returns to her teammates.

They look back at the board to see the next names on it:

Yoroi Akada

VS

Sasuke Uchiha.

Sasuke smirks. He's about to go down but Kakashi stops him to exchange a few whisperings.

Then, Sasuke makes his way down to meet his opponent.