The True Romance Of Ravage Road - Challenge 14 #SciFriday

Dom

"Jacques, really think your modification can outwit Le Baron?"

    "Absolutely, just use it wisely!"

    "I intend to, just hope Street Sire doesn't have anything ingenious up his sleev–"

    On cue, my bother-in-law interrupts me.

    "–Dom, quiet, announcement time!"

    And on cue, I hold my tongue.

    Along with the race finale, this is his and his sister's favourite part.  Mine is, knowing that Femi is up in the Grand Stand, waiting for my name to be amplified across the French Riviera.

    "In honour of Princess Amélie II, sovereign Monaco proudly presents the 16th Assault Race of Ravage Road!"

    The crowd roars and my nervous adrenalin spikes.  Not because of their raucous din, but because Femi's battle cry is hard to hear.

    Then abruptly, I'm mentally brought back into proceedings.

    "Piloting Piranha and sat in Poll Position, Le Baron!

    "Piloting Viper...

    "Piloting Mantis...

    "Piloting Tarantula and sat in 4th place, Dominance!"

Jacques

While filling Tarantula's engine, Dom's phone-helmet flashes and she activates the speaker.

    "Follow me" is all we hear.

    Instinctively, Dom looks at her GS Monitor.  Femi's gone.

    Colour drains from our faces.

    Then intrusively, more rings come from Viper and Mantis 10 metres ahead.

    "Dom, I think Le Baron's kidnapped your loved ones!  If any of you try and win..."

    "Oh I'll win" grimaces Dom, "and I'll get her back!"

    The race starts and all 12 machines power drift, transform between robot and vehicle form, and blast each other to bits.

Femi

Alongside strangers, I lay bound in the stomach of Piranha.  Then suddenly, heat sears my skin and a blast pulls at one eye.  I choke on my own ichor.

    As I float to my death, I accept that I'm ruined forever, no longer beautiful.

    Wait.  My wife catches me mid-plummet and holds me tightly as we cross the finish-line.  Jacques' enhancement worked.  I knew she'd save me.  Ours is the true romance of Ravage Road.

(Thanks for Voting folks! Louis ^_^)