Chapter 1- We Were Young

Our mothers were best friends when they decided to run. Their village burned from invaders. So, naturally, the triplets and I stuck together. We had a strong bond no one in the village could break.

Bruno finished a vision and ran toward me. Music was playing in the center. We loved to dance with the young and old. Pepa danced with a boy, smiling genuinely. We were going to be adults soon, and we were living while we could. We were going to be responsible for ourselves and the village soon.

"She's not happy," Bruno said, looking over at the girl he had done a vision on. She was sobbing, which made me wonder what could possibly make her cry that hard.

"Bruno, you need to stop focusing on the bad things. Think positively," I reasoned.

"I just saw her dad die," Bruno said, the smile falling.

"The darker point of your powers," I said. "You're showing them reality. Not the dream they want."

"Well, then. I saw us running over to the mountains and hiding there until the sun set," Bruno said.

I laughed as he twirled me. "Then let's make the vision come true."

We ran off to the mountains, making sure the villagers didn't spot us. Very few were unhappy with Bruno, but a lot gave dirty looks. I glared back when they did. It wasn't his fault what he was seeing.

"I have a headache," Bruno groaned. "We might need to go to mi hermana later."

"How many did you do today?" I asked curiously.

"Five."

"Five?!" I bolted up. "Bruno, three is the limit. I'm surprised you haven't had a nosebleed."

"I might've," Bruno mumbled.

Bruno held me close to him as the sun set. The yellow and orange perfectly mixed in with the orange, red, and purple. Stars appeared in the purple area. I got up after the moon appeared and held out my hand to my best friend.

"Oh, I forgot!" Bruno said when we got back to his house. "I did a vision this morning. I had to have another one for the person I was supposed to look at."

Bruno led me to his room. The glass was on one table. It looked to be about the size of a charm for a necklace. I was in a dress, dancing with Bruno. We looked a lot older than now. I smiled, running my hand over the frame. Bruno smiled, a small tint of blush on his cheeks.

"I am not ready for the gray hair," I said, noticing the small light streaks in my hair in the glass.

"You'll still look pretty, as always," Bruno said, making me blush.

"I have no doubt that you'll look as handsome, too," I said.

He stammered as he tried to form his next sentence. I giggled and hugged him. He turned into a blushing mess whenever I complimented or teased him back. It was cute. Thankfully, I could tell when I reached my limit in teasing.

"And the best part is, the glass is small enough that I can do this." Bruno pulled away and snapped it in half. He handed the part with him in it to me. "Now you can make it into a necklace."

"Bruno?" Senora Madrigal opened his door. "What are you doing in there? You should be out there helping the villagers get ready for the night."

"Senora, he's tired. He's gone over his limit today, and he needs rest-"

"He doesn't have a limit. He is just not trying hard enough," Senora Madrigal snapped, making me angry. "Get out there!" She shut the door behind her.

"One day, I want to get out of here," Bruno admitted as we climbed up the stairs. "Out of Encanto. No responsibilities, no powers. It would just be you and me. Bruno Madrigal and (Y/n) (L/n)."

"I like the sound of that." I thought about Bruno and me living together. We could date, get married. "I definitely like the sound of that."