I Will Be Waiting(Third Person POV)

Start from the beginning

"When were you going to tell me Cersei was pregnant?", asked Audelia, and finally she turned around to face him. Her eyes were sad, and her usual plump lips were pressed into a thin line, showcasing that she was nervous.

"Did you know? Before you left King's Landing for the North, did you know?", she asked, and she looked to be afraid of the answer. Jaime crossed the room to her in a few short steps, kneeling in front of her.

"Of course not. She hadn't told me. Not until a week ago", replied Jaime, his hand gripping Audelia's knee tightly, yet he made sure not painfully. She was looking down at him, searching his eyes for the truth.

"You have to believe me, Lia. I didn't know. And when it happened, she forced me! You have to believe me!", said Jaime, and he was getting more desperate with every word.

It felt like he was losing Audelia again. And he couldn't. He wouldn't. Jaime couldn't survive without her. It was just unthinkable. He would rather die than let Audelia go.

"Please believe me!", continued Jaime, his voice breaking. He could only be so vulnerable with her. Jaime would never allow anyone else to see him this way.

"I believe you, Jaime. Sweetheart, I believe you", Audelia said, cupping his face and resting her forehead against his. Jaime breathed out a sigh of relief, but he wasn't truly relieved. 

She knew. Of course she did. Audelia always knew, she was smart like that. Jaime just hoped this didn't change anything between them.

"She said it was mine", whispered Jaime, but Audelia just continued rubbing his arms. "I don't even remember when...".

"Jaime you don't have to, I believe you", said Audelia but Jaime just rested his head against her knee. Audelia's own forehead rested against the top of his head and they sat in silence like that for a long time.

They both knew what this meant. Cersei would have his child. Again. And Jaime would feel responsible for it, and wouldn't leave it, even if he couldn't be a real Father to it. But this also meant him having to leave Audelia and Ned. 

It was an impossible choice. But a choice he would have to make. 

"I spoke to Bronn and Davos. They think they can smuggle you out after we leave", said Audelia, sitting up right once again. Jaime looked up at her, and in that moment Audelia knew his answer.

"I can't", Jaime whispered. The pain in his eyes spoke more words than his mouth ever could. Audelia suddenly had tears in her eyes.

"Why not?", she asked, but she knew why. 

"She is carrying my child. I have to take care of her", Jaime whispered quietly.

Audelia looked down at him with a heartbroken face. Jaime brushed his thumb over her cheek where a tear had already escaped.

"I have made many bad choices, many mistakes. But our fates are already decided, isn't that what you said?", asked Jaime, looking up at her but Audelia shook her head, more tears slipping through.

"I don't believe that, and neither do you", she argued but Jaime shook his head in disagreement. 

"I do believe it", Jaime said, bring one of her hands to his mouth to kiss. 

"So you are willing to leave me? To leave Ned, who you call your son?", asked Audelia, and pushed herself to her feet, and away from Jaime. He could tell she was angry, and he had expected it.

"That's what I wanted to ask you, take him and come here. Away from all of it. We can wait for Cersei to give birth, and then leave. This is not the only place for us, Lia", continued Jaime but Audelia scoffed at his idea.