00 | "I wish I was -"

TW: Blood, Emotional Abuse, Passive suicidal ideationPROLOGUE:: "I WISH I WAS — "Five years ago

PROLOGUE:: "I WISH I WAS — "
Five years ago

"The wind is unusually strong this year," Julieta muttered as she stared into the dark clouds, pursing her lips as she squints at the continuously growing wind, thunders spreading apart around Encanto and the darkening thick clouds. She tightly hugs herself, with her hands noticeably a bit weak after hours of cooking and preparing for this hurricane. Her apron was still dusty and messy, with her hair unkempt and strands covering her face. Her foot taps endlessly as she gets lost in the sight of the coming hurricane.

"Mi Amor, the people had finished evacuating into the prepared rooms–," Agustín exclaims but pauses as he notices his wife's uneasiness. He softly grabs his wife's warm hand and squeezes it tightly. "Hey, it's going to be alright, okay? This happens at least once a year," he reassures, as he landed soft kisses on her knuckles. Julieta melted and leaned on the warmth of her husband.

"And the kids?"

"All in Dolores' room. Bruno had already conducted the safety precautions."

Julieta sighed in relief as she stared deeply, with Agustín by her side. But something felt off, she thought to herself. It was as if, the storm was about to devour them with emotions.

"I feel you are worried, amor?"

"N-no– I'm just–"

"I've done all the checking and everyone seems to be safe, no people left in town!" Félix walks in, holding a pile of safety gear, cutting Julieta and Agustín's conversation, startling them quite a bit. Félix puts down the said items, as he dusts his hands. 

"We should tell Abuela that the job is done," Agustín lets go of Julieta as he approaches Félix.

"You should do that, I bet that the people are searching for Abuela right now," Julieta added, adjusting her tone, making it soft yet firm, hopefully indicating that she was not worried.

"We'll tell Abuela and then after that, we just need Pepa to navigate the weather," Félix exclaims, perking up when he mentions Pepa's name. His smile was bright as he puts his hands on his hips, clearly optimistic about Pepa's abilities. 

"But before that, we should find Pepa first," Félix walks off, happily walking towards Pepa's room, hoping to find her there. Julieta giggles and shakes her head, as she noticed Félix's happy-go-lucky personality, the guy who wholeheartedly loves his wife. Just before he can go inside Pepa's room, Abuela's door swung open, slamming on the wall beside it. And there the three of them saw Pepa barging out of the room, with force in every stomp, and her green eyes darkening in every second. Lightning and winds follow her as the sky grew dark and thicker, with roars of thunders rolling in the mountains nearing and getting louder. Abuela followed with scolds, clearly bewildered with her voice covered by the roars of weather. Her jaws tightened, eyes widen and brows furrowed, trying to assert her dominance over Pepa.