...CHAPTER XXXIV...

En başından başla

'I love her so much it hurts.'

When he finally made his way back in, the doctors came out with news, and he felt his heart stop as he anticipated their next words.

"We've managed to stabilise her for now and have done what we can. She's asleep for now but we cannot be certain if- when she will wake up or how she will be." The doctor said clearing his throat and the others didn't know how to feel. There was a sense of relief, but also worry. What if she never woke up?

Mikey made his way into her room her while the others called Wakasa. His tears started again the moment his eyes landed on her still sleeping figure. Her eyes were fluttered shut and more than anything, he wished he could see the beautiful lilac colour of them again. He sat next to her bed, his large hand holding her cold one.

"I promised I'd protect you and I... I let this happen. I'm so sorry Naoka." He cried. The room was so silent and all that could be heard were his sniffles and the beep of her monitor.

"I never used to think about a future filled with love and family until you. The day I met you, it was like everything flashed before my eyes, like I was seeing the future, our future. I dreamed of us having children who would grow up alongside their cousins, Emma and Draken's children. I imagined us buying our first house together... getting married." He let out a choked sob as the picture of her in a wedding dress invaded his mind. "They were all things that had slowly forced their way into my dark and dangerous heart over the past few months to the point I had just let them, I let myself dream freely. I had let myself imagine a future where all of that was possible. Now, I'm scared to death how quickly all of that could be shattered. What if you never wake up?" Tears began to stream down his face as he shakily brought her hand to his forehead.

"It feels like my world is ending."

Mikey was terrified, terrified that he was about to have all his happiness ripped away from him and there was nothing he could do.

"There's no one else Naoka, no one else who can make me feel whole like you do, that can stop me from making stupid decisions, pulling me from out of the dark. Make me feel like I'm human. There won't ever be anyone else. We're soul mates, I know it, you know it, hell, I bet Shin did too. I can't let you go so please, please I beg you don't leave me."

There was a knock at the door and Mikey wiped his eyes quickly, trying to collect himself before anyone saw him. He went over to the door and opened it. Draken and Takemichi had been waiting for him just outside the door, saying the doctor had more news for them.

Mikey was too scared that he couldn't get bear to hear it, he needed to get out of there. He needed to do something.

He needed revenge.

"I'm going to end Tenjiku, and Kisaki." Mikey stated, his voice laced with venom and hate, his eyes empty. Draken felt his skin crawl. He knew what Mikey must've been feeling, but he also knew he shouldn't be leaving Naoka at a time like this.

"Mikey, if she's okay, you're the first person she's going to need." Draken opposed. The shorter blonde put a hand on Draken's shoulder.

"I have to do this. Wakasa will be here soon for her." He said. He wanted to stay, but he needed to do this, he needed to let his anger out.

"Well then I'm going too-" Draken started, but Mikey cut him off.

"No, Emma needs someone right now, and I want you and Baji to stay with Naoka, there's no one I trust more."

Takemichi felt weary, everything was happening too quickly, and his own guilt was wrecking him.

"I'll go with him." Takemichi said to Draken who offered him a small nod in acceptance. He was worried due to the dark place everyone seemed to be in, Mikey especially. It was crazy to him just how quickly things could change, and he was kicking himself for not being more alert. He should've learnt by now.

"Keep her in your mind, Mikey." The tattooed male said to his bestfriend, and Mikey nodded. 'She never leaves it.'

Before leaving, Mikey went back to Naoka's room. His sister was asleep next to her as she clutched her hand tightly and his heart lurched once again seeing Naoka in this state, his eyes welled with tears.

He placed a quick kiss to his sister's head before placing a lingering one on Naoka's forehead. He gently brushed her hair from her face and kissed her again.

"I'll be back soon. I expect to see those beautiful lilac eyes when I do so, please wake up and come back to me. I love you."

~*~