We hold eye contact for a minute before I fake a laugh.

"You wish," I say and he shrugs.

I mentally thank Pope for changing the conversation because I think Rafe is ready to kill JJ. But why? Does Rafe have a rule, once we touch bodies you aren't allowed to touch anyone else's?

I watch Rafe storm out of the living room and out the front door. It's bothering me that I can't tell what he's truly feeling. He's making my special talent become very difficult.

***

I decided to leave Sarah's after we had some breakfast. I was never one to stay at somebody's house long after I've spent the night. I like to be home and relax for a little bit after to 'recover'.

I flick through the channels on the tv and find nothing interesting enough to watch. I feel a little sad when I see the show 'Friends' because it reminds me of all the times my friend Lola and I would sit down and watch Friends over and over.

I unplug my phone from the charger and decide to text her to see how everything is going back in Washington.

Me: Hey Lols, how's everything going back home?

Lola👯‍♀️: It sucks, I miss you

Me: You can text or call anytime you know, my life isn't too exciting here

Lola👯‍♀️: Meet any new friends? Better than me?

Me: I've met a couple, but nowhere near as great as u

Lola👯‍♀️: Omg, have you met Rafe Cameron yet?

Me: Wtf? How the hell do you know Rafe?

Lola👯‍♀️: Who the hell doesn't know him?

Me: You're miles and miles away. I don't understand how you would know somebody from the smallest place on earth

Lola👯‍♀️: You know me girl, always scouting out the men😉

Me: That's true I guess. You're stalking everybody from here, aren't you?

Lola👯‍♀️: I bet I know of more people than you do. What about Sarah Cameron, kook princess?

Me: I know her as Sarah... not kook princess.

Lola👯‍♀️:  Well if you know Sarah, you HAVE to know Rafe. Girl you need to get on that, he's hot as fuckkkkk

Lola my dear, there's a lot you don't know.

Me: I'll have to see about it... let you know if we ever cross paths.

Lola👯‍♀️: Bitch you better, send me some pics

I don't know why I didn't tell Lola that Rafe and I have in fact crossed paths before. Maybe because every resident in Washington would know the minute she found out.

Lola and I are best friends, we have been since we were five or six. Our moms met during a job meeting and instantly clicked, and the same happened with us. Lola was and is my only real friend, even though we are very different. Lola is very popular, boys fall to their knees when she walks by, and I was always just the friend who stood beside her.

People never tried to talk to me, only when they needed a loan or wanted their homework done. Don't even ask how Levi and I got together because I'm still figuring that out myself.

I jump when I hear somebody banging on the front door. I rip my blanket off and jump to my feet. I sigh when I see Rafe's body in the small window of the door.

"How do you know where I live?" I ask.

"Doesn't matter." He says and pushes past me.

"Sure, come in," I say and close the door. "Does anyone know you're here?"