Her face flushed white when she heard, "you're working with Stark?"
Her words were stern. Catching the brunette by surprise, he nodded hesitantly. "Well yeah not with him. Just in his building, why?"

She shook her head, "I uh- well he is technically my father. Didn't know you worked there."

She took another big swig of her coffee as his jaw dropped, "Stark is your dad?" He spoke a little too loudly making her out a hand on his, "yeah and I'm not super proud of it. So hush," she fought her urge to roll her eyes.

"We aren't the best of friends, barely know the guy, we just met recently." Her phone rang just as she felt the knot forming in her gut. She looked at Peter, "that stays between us..." she pointed at him as she put her phone to her ear, he nodded.

"Hey James, what's up?" She hummed into the phone as she answered it quickly.
'Where are you baby doll, busy?' His voice flirtatious, making her look down with a blush.

"I'm at Bosley's Coffee, no plans other than this." She smiled at Peter who was nosily listening, trying to figure her out, just as everyone does.
'I'll be there soon,' he smiled into the phone.
"I'll be waiting and hopped up on coffee," she giggles as she hangs up.

When she tossed her phone into the pocket of her olive green silk jacket, she smiled at Peter. He looked inquisitive, "boyfriend?"

She tilted her head before shaking it, "nope. Just my boss," she nodded.
His eyebrows raised, "from BBR?"

She nodded, "that's the one," as she finished the last of her coffee. "Okay don't give me anymore or I'll be up until Tuesday."

They chuckled over the idea of a loopy hazy Poppy, 'zombied by coffee,' as Peter put it.

The tattood CEO appears in the doorway of Bosley Coffee to see Poppy laughing loudly with the young brunette barista infront of her acting out a joke. He tightened his fist at the sight before walking towards her. He is a man that always had control, but somehow he always felt so out of control around her. He insisted it was frustrating but truthfully he was addicted to it, the excitement of never knowing what he'd get with his girl.

She turned slightly to notice him, "hey James! This is my friend Peter, Peter this is James Barnes."

Peter smiled when she called him a friend, before nervously wiped his hands down his pants, stumbling to reach a hand out.
"Pleasure to meet you Mr. Barnes," he smiled kindly as James gave him a stern look and shook his hand.

"Likewise, Peter," he stated plainly as he turned to look at the curly head beside him.
"I had an idea for today, want to get outta here?"

She smiled at Peter, "I'll see you tomorrow Peter. Text me!" She waved as she walked toward the door. James giving Peter another serious look before following her through the door. Peter suddenly flush with anxiety.

She walks out to see his black chevelle, hurrying to slide into the passenger seat before he can open the door for her. As he slides into his seat he looks her up and down, "you're an unpredictable little thing aren't you?"

She bit her lip and looked at her lap, "sometimes, why do you ask?" He smirked, "want to go to the shooting range around the corner?"

Her eyes widened and eyebrows raised as she looked at him, "what?"
He laughed and shrugged, "you may have mentioned your ability to shoot a gun while we drank with the bands. I want to see if that was your first lie."

She scoffed and opened her mouth, "oh Barnes. It's like you haven't learned a thing."

The car ride was relatively quick, completely silent, and filled with sexual tension. James wishing to eventually speak about the night at 7969 with the bands, but he didn't know how to approach it.