•𝙄 𝙆𝙣𝙤𝙬•

Mirabel bumped into her Abuela, making the older woman exclaim slightly in surprise. "Where are you going in such a hurry?" She says as she wipes her clothing.

"I'm sorry, I was just uh..."

The oldest Madrigal slowly reaches her hand out to Mirabel's head, "And what is in your hair?"

Your best friend pats off her locks as she stutters, trying to form her words in the answer. Her Abuela cuts the girl off as she switches her attention towards you before she asks, "Oh, why is (Reader) here?"

"Ah, I...happen to meet Mirabel outside! And she invited me over haha..." You say in the most polite way that you could because wow, intimidating is not even near how you could describe her at this moment.

Before the older woman could reply, a sudden burst of a loud cry was heard behind. "My gift!"

All of you peek at where the noise came from and see the strongest Madrigal rush upstairs weeping, "I'm losing my gift!"

"What?" Their Abuela replied.

"Mirabel and I were having this little talk about me carrying too much. So, I tried not to carry too much, but I realized it was putting me behind. And I knew I was gonna let everyone down. And I felt really bad, so I was grabbing all the donkeys... But when I went to throw the donkeys in the barn, they were... Heavy!" She rambles in a wailing tone before she leaves sobbing as she slams her door behind.

Your mouth opened ajar, Was this what Mirabel and Luisa talked about earlier?

"What did you do? What did you say to her?" The older woman questions the younger girl in a hidden frustrated manner.

Mirabel shakes her head, "Nothing, I don't..."

"Mirabel, I have to go get the Guzmans for Isabella's engagement." Her Abuela interrupts, the tone in her voice now changing making her frustration more evident. "Stay away from Luisa until I can talk to her. Tonight, we can't have any more problems!"

You frown at the misunderstanding, whatever her Abuela was thinking was not at all what Mirabel was planning to do. You were sure she was just trying to console Luisa. Didn't she hear what her older sister had said? She felt pressured and thought that she carried too much. Your grimace quickly dissipates into a strained smile as you notice how the older woman's eyes were on you.

"You should be more like (Reader), such a fine young lady. I'm sure you make your family so proud." Their Abuela suddenly announces.

Her words made the corner of your lips twitch, your eyebrows coming down as you glare at the woman.

How could she just say that in front of her own granddaughter? Why doesn't she even acknowledge her granddaughter's efforts for their family?

"And Mirabel, whatever you're doing, stop doing it." She steps away, going down the stairs, finally giving you room to curl your lip down.

You look towards Mirabel, her expression sullen. Hanging your arm around her neck, you bump your hip against hers just as she did to you before. "Hey, don't listen to your Abuela. Both of us are amazing in our own way. Someday she'll see that. She'll finally see the truly strong, brave, and courageous Mirabel Madrigal that I know."

Her sulked mood was now replaced with a pleasant smile on her face. "Thank you..."

"Now why don't we figure out what to do with that vision?"

...

On the exterior of Mirabel's empty tabletop, she places one of the broken pieces of Bruno's vision. "Why am I in your vision, Bruno?"