•𝙋𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚•

The next day, your Abuela together with Mariano had gone outside-presumably to buy goods. You were left in the kitchen because you had woken up late. They had made breakfast and left a letter beside it with a writing that said where they were located.

"We are going to the market, don't forget to eat your breakfast. We prepared it before we left.

-Mariano & Abuela"

After eating, you immediately started to prepare yourself to go outside. Once you arrived outside, you were greeted by many young children your age playing. You watched them as one group were playing hide-and-seek while the other was playing tag. Completely ignoring the loud squeals from the children playing, you continue towards the library that was near your house.

The night before, Mariano has left you a message to go inside the library and tell the librarian that he sent you there and added that he had a surprise. You entered the building, the sound of a small bell chiming as the door opened. Making your way towards the main desk, you had expected an older woman to greet you-but instead, you are met with a young girl just about your age.

"Hello welcome to Elevva Library!".

You flinch a little at the energetic girl, "Oh uh hi! I was sent by Mariano".

The girl in front of you scanned a mini notebook before taking off and telling you to follow her. You cautiously followed her as you studied the whole area. It was also your first time coming here to the library, you thought it was a boring place at first-but now that you're here, It actually feels nice as the smell of books welcomed you.

The girl then stopped at a specific shelf and looked at you. You stared back at her confused. "You can pick any book here on this shelf, that Mister Mariano you mentioned said to make you choose any book from here that you can borrow."

Still confused as to why he made you pick a random book, you decided to go along with it. You settle on a book with the moon on its cover. "I'll take this."

The girl excitedly gasp. "Ah, That's my favourite book! It's really amazing and it has romance in it too."

You look at the book and examine it for a moment. "You make good choices, now let's get you a card so you can borrow it!"

Before you know it, you're already following her and listening to the continuous rambles about the book and how it made her feel. Turns out she's already a year older than you and also started to read books a year back when she was your age. You finished signing your name on the card and the logbook she gave you.

She then gives you the book and introduced herself, "My name's Emilia, you?" You grabbed the book and told her your name.

"Well, it's nice to meet you. Oh! and once you finish that book come back here so I can recommend you another!" You smiled at her kindness and motivation making you feel comfortable to return the enthusiasm.

Soon you left the library after saying your farewell to Emilia. The sun was now shining brighter and it was getting warmer-beads of sweat slowly appearing on your forehead. You arrive at your doorstep but before you could turn your doorknob, a gradually increasing sound of someone running distracted you. It was Mariano, he looked incredibly ecstatic. You opened the door and the boy immediately bolted inside.

"Ah good morning nieta, have you eaten your breakfast?" Your Abuela said, arriving right after Mariano.

"Oh yes and welcome back Abuela! Uh..what happened to Mariano?" You asked while you politely grabbed the goods from the elder.