02 | bringing out the dead

Začít od začátku

"We both know you would if I truly asked," Anastasia replied smugly. Niklaus grumbled something on the other end that she couldn't make out but it made her smile. "Does this mean you will come home?"

"No, I'm afraid not, Malenkaya printsessa," Niklaus told her. "But I want you to come here."

"To Mystic Falls?" Anastasia asked in surprise. Over the past century Niklaus had rarely allowed her to leave Eilean Donan Castle, too worried that his father would find her and kill her.

But he had permitted her one month every year when the two of them travelled to whatever country or placed she wanted to. During that time Nik wasn't allowed to even mention his curse so they could enjoy their vacation.

"Yes. Now when my father is no longer a threat it's time for a little family reunion," Niklaus told her. "And you, Nastya, are a part of that family."

Anastasia smiled a little at that. Niklaus was the only family she had since her parents and siblings were murdered almost a hundred years ago. But despite that, she had never actually met any of his siblings. Although, she had heard enough stories from Nik that it felt like she knew them.

"Just send me the address and I'll be there," Anastasia told him. "And when you are at it, you would do me a huge favour if also booked the flight, paid for it and came to pick me up from the airport."

.•° ♛ °•.

Mystic Falls, Virginia, 22 September 2010

After a one and a half hour long car ride to Inverness Dalcross Airport where she then got on a ten hour long flight to Richmond International Airport in Virginia. Her distrust for aeroplanes didn't allow her to get any sleep and neither did the one hour long car ride to Mystic Falls. Nik hadn't been able to pick her up himself, instead he had sent two of his 'most loyal hybrids'.

Anastasia's head was leaned against the window and she tiredly stared out at the passing green scenery without actually registering anything she saw. She absentmindedly ran a hand through the fur of her Pembroke Welsh Corgi who had his golden head in her lap.

He was an unusually fluffy corgi with large ears and small legs that made him look a little fat. Anastasia had found him in a shelter where the poor puppy had been left since he had a black spot by his tail, which in the eyes of the breeder meant that he wasn't worth anything.

Anastasia had immediately become attached to the fluffy little fur ball with big ears and Nik hadn't been able to refuse her. Especially not since she had been rather down after the death of her previous dog. That was the worst thing about living forever - outliving everyone.

After she had brought the puppy home, she had struggled to come up with a name for him. In the end, Nik had been the one to name him Kol, after his younger brother, stating that his incessant barking almost was as annoying as Kol.

Anastasia snapped out of her daze when the car drove through some gates and up a long driveway. At the end stood a fairly large, white mansion, at least compared to the other houses they had passed, with large windows and at least three floors.

A second after the car stopped, her car door was opened by one of the hybrids that had sped out of the car. "Thank you," Anastasia said and stepped out of the car, Kol jumping out behind her. The other hybrid, neither of whom had told them her names, was already unloading her bags from the trunk. Niklaus had insisted that she did not have to bring all of her clothes since he could buy her new ones; therefore her bags were only filled with her most valued possessions that were irreplaceable.

She wasted no time practically running into the mansion, throwing the front door open. "One would have thought a thousand years on this earth would have taught you how to properly greet your guests!" Anastasia said loudly, hoping to gain the hybrid's attention if he was in the house. Meanwhile Kol disappeared into the house as fast as his small legs could carry him.