Winter formal part II

The gymnasium was filled with vibrant blue and purple colours, a banner was pinned at the top with the writing 'Winter Formal' while confettis and balloons scattered around the hall decoratively.

The girls managed to find a table where Rue and Jules were sitting already. Maddy, Lexi, Cassie and Emma joined them.

"I thought Fez would join you tonight." Rue said confused.

"It's school, I don't think he wanted to come to events like this." Emma shrugged as she sat in between Rue and Cassie. She was upset that he didn't join her tonight but she understood that he might have plans on his own. She checked her phone again and he still hasn't messaged her, she decided to text him to see what what he was doing.

'Hey'
'What are you doing?'

She turned her phone off and put it back in her purse.

Kat came and joined the girls, Emma noticed the tension between the two girls. Emma was informed they had an argument and they haven't spoken since. However she knew that Maddy and Kat are close, they wouldn't fight for too long and eventually make up again.

"What if this is the big moments in life? My mom always talks about how high school was a big monumental part of her life, I couldn't imagine myself being forty, looking back at this and be like wow." Cassie said as she looked at the other teenagers dancing.

"Yeah but that's because most people peak in high school." Maddy objected.

"I definitely haven't peaked yet so.."

"I feel like I'm not even a person yet."

"I feel like I'm at twenty five percent of peakness."

"I'm definitely only half of that percentage." Emma added.

"I feel like I'm at a hundred, but I can definitely go to one fifty." Jules said as she took a sip at the Gatorade bottle.

"I honestly didn't think I would make it this far. I always had this like overwhelming anxiety that something would happen." Lexi and Emma looked at Rue with curiousness and worried.

"In all fairness, the summer where in like three weeks I thought you were dead." Maddy stated.

"Yeah but she's been sober for three months now." Jules defended while taking hold of Rue's hand.

"Weren't you in rehab like six months ago." Maddy questioned again. Silence filled the air again. Emma was about to say something until she felt her phone buzz in her purse, she quickly sprung out her phone and saw two text from Fezco.

'Hey baby. I'll be going out in a moment, I might not be on my phone for a while only until I get back. Don't worry about me though'

'Have a fun night tonight baby. And don't get too drunk'

She laughed at the last sentence, she didn't worry about sending another text, she shut her phone off and put it back in her purse to ensure she doesn't go on it while she's at the formal. Emma wanted to have a good night and she was going to get it.

She looked up and saw Nate Jacobs walking in the hall with a tall slim blonde girl. Her dress was fairly short and her behind was exposed due to Nate's hand gripping on it for dear life.
The girl didn't disgust Emma, it was Nate that she was disgusted by, as he knew that Maddy would see this.

"First of all, ew. Second of all, ew." She said disgustingly. Everyone else looked at each other, knowing it was going to be another night of competition between Nate and Maddy.
Nate started to dance with his date, both his hands on her bottom, his lips on her ear while his eyes looks back at Maddy with a clear smirk on his face.

Opposites attract On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara