Zym peeked out, Nyx adoring him already. "So, i've been authorized by the Dragon a queen to fly him home directly." 

After she finished her statement, Rayla put her blade in front of Nyx. 

"Yeah, that's not happening. We're doing just fine on our own, Nyx." She said in a confident tone.

"What matters is that i'll be able to get the dragon prince home the fastest." Nyx said, walking up to Rayla.

She pinned her blade at Nyx again. "We aren't letting you take Zym."

Nyx mentioned her giving them a ride after she realized she wasn't going to get to take Zym.

Her and Rayla argued a bit on crossing the Midnight Desert and soon enough, we were following Nyx to our ride.

—————

Nyx went on to talk about the horrors of the desert, describing the fauna. She mentioned us going above it all, pointing towards a very tall creature.

"That's my ride, an Ambler."

She flew off, leaving us in the setting sun. The mount me and Rayla were on, suddenly jerked towards the Ambler, making me almost fly off. Luckily Rayla grabbed onto my shirt, pulling me back up.

"You have horrible balance, y'know?" She laughed after hoisting me back up. 

"Shut up, I still have to get used to this damn leg." I replied, elbowing her lightly in the shoulder.

The giant creature finally met up with us, stomping its hoof close by. Nyx explained the ride across the desert, stating that we'll stay in an oasis.

We agreed on the trip, and the Ambler used its tail to carry us onto the saddle.

—————

I was looking off in the distance, glancing at an annoyed Rayla and Callum trying to talk to her, when we we flown to the front of the saddle. Apparently Nyx's ride had gotten its foot stuck in a hole and she was going to help. Before she left, she warned us to not touch her stuff, looking at Callum. A shiny thing caught his eye.

"What is it? Why are you staring at that thing?" Rayla asked him, popping up from behind him.

He looked at the object with wide eyes. "Something so strangely familiar.." He grabbed a part off the item and observed it.

"Boomerang?"

"Dude put that down before we get in trou-" I yelled at him but got cut off once the Ambler's hoof was freed and we fell back.

"Let's move." Nyx said, swooping up briefly. Callum put the 'boomerang' back onto the object.

——————

The sky's had darkened since our departure, turning a deep orange and yellow. Nyx said we arrived at the oasis, showing a small blue circle which was filled with trees, fresh water, and most importantly, we were safe from the deadly creatures.

We got back to the ground from the Ambler's tail and Callum ran off with excitement. Rayla helped me down from the creature we were riding.