It was said in Westeros that Ellrias was a man proud of only three things, his wife, his children, and his ability with a sword... For he was truly the best sword in Westeros only Arthur Dayne was his equal.

As the years went by he watched his children grow, his son Lorn was the first to leave the nest heading to the Red Keep where he would become the guard of the young Prince Rhaeger.

 It was from Lorn that he heard the murmers that the king was beginning to show hints of the madness, a madness his family had been witness to down through the centuries.

He knew not what to do except what his family had always done, protect the little dragons from the madness of the older ones.

He sent for his friend Arthur Dayne, and together the two made plans.. When Dayne returned to the capitol it was with young Aella in tow, she took her place by her brothers side her golden helmet firmly on her head hiding her face from the world.

When Rhaeger first saw her he laughed "Arent you a little small to be a bodyguard?"

Aella bristled "I am not small, I'm taller then most men." She spoke truly her stature made her tower over the normal sized men of Westeros... Rhaeger smiled at the girl "Well then I am glad to have such a giant guarding my life... Tell me is your sword as sharp as your tongue?"

Under her helmet she smirked "Sharper."

On the training grounds Lorn watched with a smile as his sister brought the Prince to his knees with ease.. Beside him stood Arthur Dayne

"She'll be good for him I think, she can keep him humble while you and I protect his siblings."

Lorn nodded "But who's going to keep her humble?"

They both laughed but as they watched the two new friends fight in the back of their minds they wandered what did the future hold for the house they had sworn to protect?

_________________________________________________For a time it seemed things would not be to bad, oh Aegon was growing more and more insane but Rhaeger was a good man. He would make a good king, he was married off to Elia Martell Princess of Dorne, it was just before this wedding that Aella first met the Red Viper.

She was mere steps behind Rhaeger as always, he greeted his guests at the dock and she watched. Her brother had remained at the castle with the Queen and Prince Viserys, as always her job was to watch the back of Rhaeger.

She wasnt paying much attention to what was being said, she knew Rhaeger well enough to know what he would say..

She scanned each of the guests, recently the former Prince of Dorn had died leaving his eldest son prince Doran in his place. He was a kind looking man, kindness would more then likely get him nowhere, but still it was nice to see a kind person when you lived in the Red Keep.

Next was the woman of the hour Princess Elia, Aella smiled slightly the girl would do well, based on the way she and Rhaeger were staring at each other they were half in love already. But she looked a little frail compared to the woman in Tygros, which she supposed was to be expected few women were a strong as the women of her house.

When her eyes moved to the other prince of Dorn she almost gasped because his eyes were already on her, he grinned and spoke up interrupting whatever his brother was saying "Who is your companion?"

Rhaeger looked back and smiled, people rarely mentioned Aella but when they did he was more then happy to gloat on her. "This is Lady Aella of House Caspian, my guard and companion. She has saved my life more times in these past two years then I can count."