She looked over her shoulder to see Katniss crawling out of the water. She had fallen in at some point. "Hey." Finnick ran to her. "You okay?"

"Yeah." Amelia had to get to Katniss. She rushed past him to get to her friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

They stayed on the sand after the incident. It was safer. "Other than Brutus and Enobaria, who's left?"

"Maybe Chaff." But none of them were sure. Amelia couldn't remember if he was shown the previous night or not. "Just those three."

"They're outnumbered, and they know it. I don't think they will try and attack again." She agreed with Finnick. "We are safest on the beach."

"Then what do we do?" Johanna looked at the group. "Hunt them down?"

In the distance, there was screaming. "Katniss, help me!" Amelia recognized the voice. It was Prim. "Help!"

"Katniss-"

"Prim!" Amelia was on the move first. She chased Katniss into the trees as she followed the sound.

"Katniss, wait," Finnick yelled as he grabbed his trident.

"Help me, Katniss! Help me!" The voice belonged to Prim.

"Prim! Prim!"

"Katniss, stop!" Amelia tried to reach out and stop her, but she was inches out of her grasp. They continued running through the jungle.

"Katniss! Help me!"

They ran away from the group, their voices fading in the distance. Amelia continued to chase after the girl. It was dangerous to be separated from the group, but she had to protect Katniss. That was her only priority. "Katniss! Stop!"

"Help me!" The voice of Prim screamed in pain. "Help me! Katniss! Help!"

"Prim!" Katniss came to a stop. This is where the screaming was coming from. "Prim!"

"Help me! Help me!" Katniss spotted the source. It was a bird. She raised her bow and shot the bird down.

"Katniss," Amelia stopped beside her. "It's-" there was screaming from someone else.

"Amelia!" It was Haymitch. "Help me!"

"Haymitch?" Fear raced through her at the sound. "Haymitch!" Katniss grabbed another bow and shot down the bird. The screaming from her lover stopped, but it didn't fade from her mind.

"Katniss!" Finnick ran towards them. He was the only one. "Amelia!" He came to a stop. "Are you guys okay?"

"Finnick," a woman screamed.

His eyes widened in fear. "It's not real," Katniss tried to stop him.

"Annie!" He ran deeper into the jungle. The two girls chased after him as he searched for the source of the sound.

"Stop," Amelia called out. They shouldn't separate from the rest of the group. "Finnick." Her body was exhausted and desperately craved rest.

"Annie!" He kept running. "Annie!"

"It isn't her," Katniss tried to explain. She managed to stop him. "It's just a jabberjay." Amelia stopped beside them. She was entirely out of breath. "It's not her."

"How do you think it got that sound? Jabberjays copy." Amelia began to fear for Haymitch. What if the Capitol got to him?

"Katniss!" It was a male voice screaming.

"Gale?"

"Help!" Haymitch's voice screamed. "Amelia!" Suddenly, the birds started plunging towards them. All of them were screaming, and all of them were voices that they knew.

"Come on." Finnick pushed them to run back towards the others.

Amelia followed behind Katniss as birds attacked them. It was loud, painfully loud. Amelia could hear so many voices. Haymitch, Cinna, Effie, Prim, Gale. They were all screaming at them. The birds hurt when they made contact. Their beaks were razor sharp.

They ran towards the group. Peeta was screaming at them, but he was muted. Katniss ran into an invisible wall. Amelia nearly did the same but managed to stop. Amelia stared at Johanna through the glassy wall. She was speaking to her, but it was muted. She placed her hands over her ears, falling to the ground. The screams of pain from the people she loved was terrifying. It made her fear for them, for Haymitch. She cried out in pain as birds attacked her body.

She rocked back and forth, trying to calm her mind. That was impossible. There was nothing they could do to protect themselves from this type of pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour. That was how long the pain lasted. Amelia never heard the screams end. They were burned into her memory. It wasn't until someone touched her back that she moved. "It's okay." It was Johanna. "You're okay."

If the situation were different, she would have commented about how sincere her voice was. Amelia sat up, but her expression was blank. There was blood rolling down her cheek from an injury caused by a bird.

"Prim?"

"Prim's okay," Peeta promised Katniss.

Johanna moved to check on Finnick next, but he seemed to be in a state of shock. "Are you okay?"

"Fine," he waved her off.

Amelia was trembling, her hands numb. "They won't touch Prim, okay?" He was still trying to convince her that she was fine.

"Peeta's right. The entire country adores your sister." Amelia stared at Johanna. "If they tortured her, or did anything, then forget the Districts there would be riots in the Capital." There was a smile on Johanna's face. "How does that sound, Snow?" She was screaming. "What if we set your backyard on fire? You can't just put everyone in here!" Everyone stared at her in shock. "What? He can't hurt me. There isn't anybody left that I love." Nobody spoke. "I will get you guys some water." Without saying anything else, she walked away.