"I'll miss you too." He sighs into my hair. 

--

2 Months Later 

--

I basically ran out of the train, never in my life have I ever wanted to be back at Hogwarts as much as I did in the summer break. 

I placed my trunk with all the others and made my way to the carriages, the skeletal horse looking animal waiting patiently as I impatiently waited for the carriage to fill up. 

As soon as the carriage filled up and the thestral finally started moving did I let out a breath of relief. 

Tom did keep his promise about sending letters, but they were vague with short "I miss you's" and "Love you's". I got worried, maybe he got too lonely? Or maybe he just didn't feel like writing to me? Maybe he thought I was being annoying? Merlin, I need to stop overthinking.

Soon enough we made it to Hogwarts, a smile lighting up my face as I saw the beautiful castle, towering over us and we passed through the gates.

Home.

--

The other students in the common room told me that they last saw Tom heading to his room a bit ago and suggested I go try to find him there, so I was in front of his door, nervously trying to get the courage to knock. 

I lift my hand and suddenly the door swings open-

I gasp, "Tom-"

Before I can complete my sentence, I'm lifted up into an embrace, his arms squeezing me, his scent filling the air. 

I wrap my legs around him and giggle, "I missed you too" 

I feel him softly smile against my shoulder, I run my hands through his hair, letting the gelled curls free. 

"Oh hey- come on- it took me forever to get them still-" He complained as I ran my fingers through his hair. 

I smile and pull him into a deep kiss, his hands take my face and it feels so..

The feeling is beyond explanation. 

I jump down, he lets out a grunt of disapproval, I then enter his dorm, and hop onto his bed. 

"Hey- you're going to mess up my sheets." He lifts an eyebrow. 

I roll my eyes playfully and get up, "Come on, the first sentences you say to me for the first time in two months are you just complaining." 

"Sorry love, I missed you." The lazy smile lays on his face, his eyes crinkling with genuine glee. 

I walk over to his desk and plop down on his chair, my eyes still on him, his eyes flicker to something on the desk and a blur of panic flashes on his eyes. 

I look at where he glanced, and a bundle of letters are there. 

I smile mischievously, "Tom Marvolo Riddle, who are you writing to?" I look up at him and grab the letters. 

"No- don't read them." He pleads with his eyes. 

I raise an eyebrow and open the first letter, I hear him sigh and sit down onto his bed. 

"It's embarrassing really, it's nothing of matter." He says, still trying to convince me.

I start reading.

July 1, 4:30 p.m

Dear love, 

It's been seven hours since you left. Twice now I've started to go to your room to ask you how you're liking the book I gifted you last week and then remembered you weren't here. It's strange that you aren't around, drifting down the halls. I've nearly owled a few times but I don't want to seem possessive. I'm going to have to distract myself until you come back.