Do you remember? Yoriichi x Uta

This is a modern AU btw-

Yoriichi Tsugikuni was silently walking on the pavement. Only someone with good hearing could hear him walking. Yoriichi, who was still a child, had left his family after his mother sudden death. He loved his twin, Michikatsu, and he still had the flute he gifted him, but his father actions had become just too painful to handle.

Yoriichi was inrtigued by the little girl who, with an absent look, stared at the road in front of her without really seeing it. He approached her, until he was beside her, in front of the road. She wore an orange dress with dark green geometric designs, with a few pink flowers to gently interrupt the geometric shapes on the fabric. She also wore a white apron from the waist down. He watched her for a while, her dress was very similar to the piece of cloth in wich he kept Michikatsu's flute. No matter how hard he tried, however, he couldn't remember where he got it, he just knew he always had it with him.

"What are you doing?" He asked her crouch down. The little girl jumped slightly, she hadn't noticed that someone had approached her. "I'm trying to get this ladybug to keep me company on my way home." She explained, without turning around to face him.

They both stayed in silence, the little girl holding the ladybug in her hands and Yoriichi trying to remember where he had found that piece of cloth.

The sun began to set, coloring everything with his orange rais. The sun was disappearing behind a hill when the little girl crouched down again and gently placed the ladybug on the ground.

"Didn't you want to take her home with you?" The young Tsugikuni softly asked after a few seconds. "Yes, I did, but i felt guilty thinking I have to separate her from her family." An answer, given just as softly,came from the little girl, still without her turning to look at him.

"In that case, I can take you home instead of the ladybug." The child has proposed it without thinking about it, due to his kind and selfless nature.

For the first time, the girl turned to him, letting a tear run down her cheek and fall somewhere on the pavement. "I'm sorry, I didn't want to make you cry-" The little girl smiled at him. A shy smile, barely hinted at, but wich Yoriichi was easily able to identify as such. "Thank you."

On the way, the few people who passed that little street turned to look at those two children walking while holding hands, in silence. A silence that was neither cold or imbarassed, simply filled with emotions and words that didn't need to be expressed.

Yoriichi Tsugikuni had lived for the next ten years without ever forgetting the little girl with eyes like obsidian. She said her name was Uta, a name that meant "song". To Yoriichi, that name seemed more than appropriate, as her laugh was like the most crystalline of melodies. He could hear her laugh only once, when they exchanged few words before saying goodbye.

Goodbye. One word that had left a void in the depths of young Tsugikuni's soul that nothing else had managed to fill. A void that was awakened when the now man found himself alone, lost in his thoughts. A void that had left a bitter sensation in his mouth. In ten, long years, he had never forgotten anything about their meeting. He couldn't forget the little Uta, who held his hand tightly, like a curt whose string got cut lose. He had never forgotten. And, when he was randomly walking in a building to visit his twin Michikatsu, he had almost taken a hint.

The man walked along the corridor with light footsteps, so silent that only a skilled listener could hear them. His attention was suddenly drawn to a young woman, staring out the window, seemingly not really seeing what was outside. A woman with long, dark hair and obsidian eyes. A woman wearing a dress with dark green geometric designs, gently interrupted by pretty pink flowers.

Without losing his usual compsure, Yoriichi approached the woman. "What are you doing?" A question posed in a low voice, in a sea of emotion the man found hard to keep within himself. "I was actually thinking about you, Yoriichi." Uta turned to him, resting her hands on the sill and turning her back to the window. They stood looking each other in the eye for a second, then she smiled at him- An open, bright smile, that had suddenly filled the void insied Yoriichi's soul.

The image of Uta, smiling in front of him, suddenly became painful in his mind. The rice field. The little girl with the tadpoles. The years shared together. Those memories that didn't seem like his, but that he knew belonged to him, flooded his mind. His wife. His son. That day he went out looking for a widow, when his wife was about to give birth. No. No, he didn't want to remember. No, he didn't want to see it again. No, no, no, no.

Insetad, that image also appears in his mind. His return home. The red that smeared the floor. Her obsidian eyes that had lost their light by now.

Uta felt wrapped in strong and gentle arms. She felt the warm of Yoriichi's body warming her heart. And she also felt the man's wet cheek against hers.

"Do you remember?"

They were the only words that Yoriichi had said at the time.

"I do."

"I don't want to lose you again..."

A/N 

English isn't my first language so yeah- it sucks lol. This story is a gift for the number one Yoriichi lover 

@rosepetaldust  , I hope i tagged you idk how to do it ahaha. I knew this is your favorite ship so I wanted to write a little story for you <3

I know this isn't the best ahah, I hope you like it anyway! 

They are too cute in the photo, I can't-