twenty one.

I was up all last night pondering over my choices. I decided that I did not long for the Weasley girl herself, but rather longed for something new. So that's what I was to find, but not with her. I never really liked her in the first place, did I? I have no reason to like her, in fact, she has all the qualities I despise. She's a Gryffindor, she's a Weasley, she's sympathetic for muggles and mudbloods, she's friends with Potter, highly annoying, stubborn, and way more! I could go on, but I didn't want to think about her any longer.
     "You look horrid." My brother told me, attempting to straighten my emerald uniform tie. I mumbled a sarcastic 'Thanks' and rubbed my eyes.
     "I wandered the halls all night." I informed him, he didn't speak a word. He simply finished straightening my attire and stood up. We were in the Great Hall having breakfast. I assumed he stood up because he saw Pansy making her way over from his peripheral. She was still in love with him, he still did not care for her. Don't get me wrong, she's my bestfriend, but I do feel a little bad for her in the sense that it's painfully obvious Draco doesn't like her back. Although, I am proud of her perseverance to pursue him.
     "Carmen!" She says cheerfully as she comes and takes over Dracos spot, beginning to pick at the food he left on his plate. "What's up!"
     "You're awfully happy this morning." I joke, her face flushes and she shrugs, avoiding eye contact. I wait for her to speak.
"I may have met someone." She told me slowly, my mouth gaped open.
"Seriously? No way? Other than my brother?" I asked and she merely nodded. "Well, are you going to tell me or what!" I say.
"It's a secret, but I promise you'll be the first one to know as soon as I can tell, okay?" Pansy spoke, I muttered an 'Okay', not completely satisfied with the answer I received.
"Will you help me scope? Bored of Weasley, looking for someone and something else." I tell her and she smirks, Draco leans in from across the table.
"Y'know, Blaise has always fancied you." He said with his idiotic trademark grin that I also possessed. He proceeded to look over to Blaise about ten or fifteen-ish feet from us talking away to some guy in our house I've seen around the common room a few times but never paid much attention to.
"I mean, I guess I could try." I say, shrugging. Draco mouthes something but I can't tell what since he was smiling when he said it.
"Zabini!" He calls. "Come sit, why don't you? Crabbe, Goyle, move." Draco demands. I glance to Pansy who looks absolutely sick to her stomach, I rest my hand on her knee to reassure her, I wasn't sure why she was acting this way.
"Pansy, Carmen." Blaise says after making his way over and sitting across from me, beside my older brother. He smiles a little as he said my name.
"Hi, Blaise. Plans for today?" I asked, I could feel Pansy move her leg from my hand and she clutched her stomach. "You good, Pans?" My expression dropping.
     "I'm just going to head to the bathroom." She assured me, I raised an eyebrow at her before watching her stand up and exit the Great Hall.
     "That was odd." I say. "Anyways, Blaise?"
     "Yeah, I have a few plans." He told me, as if he was trying to sound ominous. My brother ate his breakfast, spacing out on the other side of the room.
     "Such as?" I prompt, no clue as to why he was being.. Cold?
     "Well, I was going to take you out to Hogsmeade, then maybe we'd go for a walk, practice Quidditch or broom riding together, then head to the library." He said very non-chalantly, that caught Dracos attention, who looked very curious. "You?"
     "Hm, what time were you thinking?" I ask, resting my face between my palms, watching him intently, a wide smile spread on my face.
     "I'll walk you to the dungeons, I'm going to wait in our common room while you get ready." I loved his confidence and dominance, I could feel myself melting under my facade.
     "What are you waiting for?" I flirted, standing up and making my way out of the Great Hall, him following and catching up quite fast because of his long strides, he was quite tall. "You mind if I check on Pansy first?" I asked, he simply shrugged.
     "Make it quick." He told me as I entered the bathroom.
     "Pansy?" I called. "Pansy, are you in here?" I asked, hearing muffled crying from the very back stall. I went over and knocked on the door, peeking through the crack I saw her, face in her hands. "Open up." I demanded. Reluctantly she unlocked and opened the door, I went into the stall. Putting my arms around her, I asked what was wrong.
     "Nothing, it's nothing, just PMS, I swear." She assured me, I didn't know if I fully believed her. "You can go, I'm going to be here for a little."
     "Pansy, you know I can't just leave you." I argued.
     "Go!" She demanded, her loud tone shocking me. "I'm sorry, I just don't feel well right now, Carmen. I appreciate this but I really just need to be alone." I kissed her on the forehead before exiting the bathroom without a word.

"I could hear some yelling." Blaise stated as we made our way to the dungeons. "Sounded like Pansy."
     "It was." I said shortly, he was digging and I technically gave him an answer so he can't ask much more.
     Soon arriving in our common room, Blaise snagged me by the waist and pulled me in close.
     "Try and be quick, alright?" He said with a hushed tone into my ear, I could have sworn I felt him lick against my neck swiftly before I walked off. What was he playing at?