"Whore." I muttered.

The girl whipped around and pointed at herself when we made eye contact. "Are you talking to me?" She asked, sounding– and looking– a little different than Brynn normally did although I could place my finger on what exactly was different.

"Yes, Brynn." I rolled my eyes, starting to question if it was actually her or not. Wouldn't she recognize me by now? The girl in front of me seemed to have no clue who I was.

She shook her head. "I'm DeLaney." She held out her hand for me to shake. "Brynn's my twin. She's a bitch, I'm sorry you had to meet her."

I shook her hand as I looked at her confusedly. "Um, I'm Esther. I thought Brynn only had one sister who was a year younger than her."

DeLaney nodded her head as if she believed me. "Yeah. She likes to lie, as I said, she's a bitch."

I laughed, "That's for sure." I felt Ash hands go around my waist, making me look up at him only to see him raise an eyebrow and nod his head towards the door. I shook my head silently telling him I was fine before looking back at DeLaney, seeing the small smile on her face as she watched us. "You guys are cute together." She complimented when she saw me looking at her.

"Thank you." I smiled.

DeLaney nodded. "I'm guessing by your response earlier that she's already tried to steal him." She gestured to Ash, who had his head resting on my shoulder.

I nodded. "It's a long story but she showed up to our apartment when I was gone and tried to make a move on him." I paused for a moment before I spoke again. "Now that I think of it I have no clue how she even got our address."

"Did you happen to leave your wallet unattended around her?" DeLaney asked, as if immediately knowing what her sister normally did.

I nodded. "We got coffee a while ago and I left my bag, with my wallet in it, hanging on my chair when I went to the bathroom."

She grimaced. "That's how. She most likely found your ID and wrote down the address." I made a mental note to take my wallet with me when I was hanging out with a new friend next time. "Anyway I have to get back to looking through the books, I only have an hour until I have to go. It was nice to meet you though, Esther"

I nodded back at her. "No problem, it was nice to meet you too."

-------

"Ash, come on." I pulled at his arm for the third time, still failing to pull him off the couch. He grabbed hold of my wrist and– before I could stop him– he pulled me back down onto the couch, making me fall on top of him.

I'd been trying to get him up for fifteen minutes because all of our friends were coming over in less than an hour and the apartment was a mess. Blankets and pillows were all over the floor, the dishes hadn't been done since last night and all of the floors needed swept.

We normally kept up on the housework together but I was getting a little overwhelmed with the household chores, going to school, trying to apply to colleges, still somehow having a social life and all of the extra homework my teachers were sending home recently. Ash had seen how overwhelmed I was and decided to take a day off from our responsibilities starting last night.

I hadn't agreed at first but after a while he finally convinced me to let myself have a break. After all, in his words, I had worked hard the past few weeks to keep myself healthy mentally and physically so I deserved a break. He wasn't wrong. Since starting therapy a few weeks ago I had started eating three meals a day and working on my mental health. I was much better than I was a few weeks ago and I was proud of myself but there were still days that were rougher than others.