It's fine

Janet Jackson

When the spotlight caught her face, I immediately widened my eyes because this was a shocker. This one was beyond me. She had me at the edge of my seat with the lap dance because she was skilled with her craft. And to say that I was moist? Well, that was an understatement for sure.

When the kids saw who it was they all 'oohed'. Like that was something I wanted to hear, I was embarrassed; I didn't know what to do so I stayed there frozen like a damn deer in headlights. Gil grabbed my hand and pulled me up from the chair, pulling me to the side so we can have a 'private' conversation.

"Janet, what the fuck?" Gil said as he switched stances.

"I- I didn't know that was her, I swear." I said defensively.

"Of course not, bitch. It was dark as fuck in this bitch! So what do we do now?" He semi-yelled.

"I don't want to fire her before she even starts. That's cruel, how could she have even known?" Gil nodded as I sighed.

"Alright, we'll just dip and act as if nothing happened." Gil proposed.

"But we're not ready to go yet!" Dominique said and the kids agreed in unison.

"Fine but we're getting out of here. We'll see you guys tomorrow."

And with that being said, we left and went our separate ways.

THE NEXT DAY

It was 5 o'clock in the morning when I made it to rehearsals. I walked in and all eyes were on me and the feeling of embarrassment had flushed my system. I scanned the room for Teyana and that's when my eyes met with the back of her head. I sat my bag down and immediately began stretches with the kids.

After a few minutes of stretching, we began to go over the choreography for 'If'. Everything was going great until Gil called for a break, he called me over to him.

"Are you crazy, Janet?" He asked and I gave him a look of confusion.

"What?"

"You keep staring at her, stop it!" He whisper-yelled at me and I simply sighed.

"I didn't know I was, Gil."

Gil had his eyes locked on something and I didn't want to look back because I knew it would look messy.

"Gil what are you staring at, hm?" I folded my arms as I spoke through a chuckle.

"Teyana and Dom are looking quite comfy." I tried my best not to turn but I did.

I hate myself sometimes. Like I know damn well I didn't have to look but I did.

I looked back at them to see them all hugged up and taking pictures.

Didn't these ladies just meet yesterday? Humph.

 I turned around once I saw that they saw me staring

I turned around once I saw that they saw me staring. I simply could not risk that because what would I look like? Me. Janet Damita Jo Jackson. Jealous? Nope, not going to happen.

We finished our break and went on about our rehearsal. I was fine the whole rehearsal, but Chile, let me tell you...

Once rehearsal was over, Teyana pulled her shirt off and left herself in her sports bra. I nearly lost it, I nearly ran to the door.

"Ms. Jackson?" I heard Teyana call after me. I stopped in my tracks and turned around.

"Please, you can call me Janet. What's up?"

"I saw you last night after the um...-" I simply cut her short of her sentence.

"Listen, Teyana don't worry about it. You had no idea that it was me, it's okay." I was trying to end this conversation quickly.

"Right! I just wanted to apologize anyways."

"Teyana, there's no problem here, okay? I'm fine, it's fine, we're fine. Now if you'll excuse me." I said as she stared me in my eyes.

"I just want to make sure you're not uncomfortable." She locked eyes with me as if she was searching for something.

"Believe me, I'm fine. Now you have a nice day, Teyana."

I gave a small smile and walked away. I didn't want this conversation to go left so I left. Plus I had things to do at home so I had to get home.

Teyana Taylor

I can't believe she looked me dead in my eyes and lied to me. I don't understand what's going on with me because usually I don't tolerate liars, but I let her lie to me. It has to be something wrong with me because I let her go with a lie.

When I got to my apartment, I threw my keys on the counter and immediately walked over to my refrigerator. I was starving and exhausted. Who would've thought that two hours of dancing would be so exhausting?

While searching through my fridge, I decided on an apple and my mind kept replaying the song 'That's the Way Love Goes'. I honestly couldn't help but to do the choreography, my body couldn't help it. I loved the way dancing made me feel. I grabbed my apple from the counter and washed it off before going into my bedroom. I climbed into my bed and soon enough I was sleep.