Part One ~ Chapter Thirteen

Zacznij od początku

            “Joyride,” Johnny said when we both sat down on the couch.

            “What?”

            “Joyride. That’s the name of the movie.”

            I made a face. There was something about the name; there was a connotation that made me make a face. I felt like I had seen it before, but I don’t remember why I hated it.

            Johnny pressed play on the remote, and we both watched anxiously as the movie came up on the screen. There was a truck on the screen, but the memory on the movie still wasn’t coming back to me.

            The movie started out in a light mood, with two boys driving down a desert road. They were playing with this radio they had gotten that was used for truck drivers. The two boys were pranking around with the different truck drivers, pretending to be a girl that wanted to meet up.

            It was only then that I realized why I hated this movie. It was about a serial killer truck driver who went crazy and tried to kill the two boys. By running them over. And when he fails, he kidnaps one of the boy’s girlfriend and tries to kill her in a motel room. The plot was so messed up and twisted, I tried to erase it from my memory.

            “Johnny…” I whispered slowly. “This is a clue. Was a clue.”

            “What do you mean?” He lowered his voice to a whisper, but it was obvious he didn’t know why I was talking softly.

            “The truck driver. He tries to run the boys over. Just like Mr. Grey did on the highway last night.”

            “He gave us a clue.” Johnny spoke slowly, in disbelief. “Mom!” He ran to the staircase. “When did this package come?” I didn’t hear her response, but by the look on Johnny’s face I could tell it wasn’t good. “Apparently it came yesterday morning. She just never had time to give to me.”

            I felt my heart drop as the look on Johnny’s face grew tighter. I didn’t want to say what he was thinking.

            “We could have prevented all of this,” he finally says.

            I nodded. “I know… I know.”

            Johnny sat down on the couch, fiddling with the remote in his hand.

            “But look… Johnny, that’s what Mr. Grey is trying to do. He’s trying to make us feel like we could have saved everyone, saved the whole world, and will use the fact that we tried but failed to eat us away inside. Don’t let that get to you. What were we supposed to do, just not go driving? Ever?”

            “He made sure your mom wasn’t in the car,” Johnny said. I knew he didn’t mean this as an insult, but more he was just simply stating the facts. “He loves her, wants to protect her. He’s ruthless.”

            “Johnny…”

            “Sorry,” he mumbled. He looked at the remote in his hand. “So we don’t need to watch the rest of the movie?”

            I shook my head. I don’t think I could get myself to even if I tried. It was just too painful. So Johnny and I just went outside and played basketball until his mom came out and told us we could finally go to the hospital. Before getting into the car, I nudged Johnny with my shoulder.

            “Yeah?”

            “Don’t tell Matt. He doesn’t need something else to blame himself for. Even if none of this is his fault.”

            Johnny nodded. “The tables have turned.”

            I knew exactly what he meant. No longer was it Matt trying to hide information to keep me safe. Now I was the one keeping things from him, just for the sake of his sanity.

____________

Hey guys!

Okay, I would just like to say THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR VOTING FOR HAMILTON ACADEMY IN THE WATTY AWARDS, IT WON FIRST PLACE FOR UNDSICOVERED GEMS IN ITS CATEGORY<3 Seriously, you guys rock. Cupcakes for all of you!

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

So what'd you think of this chapter? Don't think that the movie was random... It does come into play later. Also, I know the chapter is out of order. I did that on purpose, because I wanted to show how innocent and all they act in the chapter before with Matt, and what's really going on here. If that makes any sense whatsoever. If not, just ignore me. :P

Also, I know I promised if I won I would upload twice a week until the end of part one. Imma try to stick to that. So Saturday or Sunday? Until then, stay epic.

Peace.

xx

Ella

Comment, vote, fan<3