𝟎𝟓. in the stillness of dreaming.

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE.
in the stillness of dreaming

( nathan's dream )

        A YOUNG BOY BY THE NAME OF NATHAN LEE DRIBBLES A BASKETBALL ON HIS WAY TO HIS MOTHER'S DINNER, THE GREY HOOD FROM HIS JACKET COVERING HIS HEAD. Different thoughts ran through his head after recently learning he had been accepted as a finalist for High Flyers, something he had been dreaming of since he was a small boy. If he ever got the position to play for them, he'd really hate to leave his mother behind. The single woman had done everything for him, a large thing he's forever grateful for.

        The door above him chimes, alerting his mother of his presence. A big red sign behind her reads, Deb's Den. She smiles up at her son, a coffee pot in her hand. "Hey, sweetie."

        Nathan takes a seat directly in front of her at the bar. "What's up, mom. I got the mail. Some bills, uh, a letter from Uncle Cooper and uh, this." He sets the magazine on the counter. "Thinking about taking some classes?"

        Deb grabs it, taking a long look before setting it back down. "If they offer a course in making ends meet."

        "You ever regret it? Your folks cutting you off?" Nathan randomly asks, flipping through the pages of the magazine out of boredom.

        "Not for one second, Nate." Deb takes a hold of his hand. "Otherwise, I wouldn't of had you. Besides, money buys you nothing but misery. I mean, look at Dan, Karen and Lucas."

        Nathan snickers, "You know, you could have more people in here if you just hired some hot girls to dance on the bar."

        "What, am I not hot enough for you?" The voice of Lola spoke up, a grin on her face as she grabbed some cups from the counter.

        Lola Hernandez is a new girl that has been working with Deb for about a week now. She and Nathan had became close friends after he accidentally spilt a drink on her from when they bumped into each other one day whilst at the dinner. They were also neighbors, which was a plus.