Caught

I open the door and I am absolutely shocked by what I see.

Jean Kirstein and Marco Bolt making out with each other.

I stand at the door frame in shock, trying to process what the hell I'm seeing.

My boyfriend of 6 months has been cheating on me, and let alone gay?

How long has this been happening?

Why is it happening?

Am I not good enough for him?

Why?

I try to speak, yell, scream at him, but I can't, my mouth and vocal chords won't move. I watch them for a few seconds in pure disgust until Marco notices me standing at the door. His facial expression changes in a split second from pleasure and excitement to horror.

Marco stops kissing abruptly and Jean is confused for a few seconds until he turns around to see what Marco is looking at. His face soon matches Marco's.

"W-What are you doing here Mikasa?"

"Jean," I start to say, tears starting to well up in my eyes. "What is this?"

He gets up off his bed and starts to head my direction, "Mikasa, this isn't what it looks like. I-, m-me and Marco, the situation, ...w-we just got carried away."

Tears start to roll down my eyes, and I start to get angry, "How long has this been going on?"

"3 months..." Marco says quietly, still sitting on Jeans bed, looking down and not at me or Jean.

Jean looks at Marco in betrayal, and turns back to me. "Is that true Jean?"

"...yes..." He says, ashamed.

"What do you mean '3 months'? Thats HALF of our relationship, and you're telling me that you've been cheating on me for that long??" I say angrily.

I try to calm myself down, rolling my eyes at this nonsense.

"How long have you known that you're gay?" I say to him, trying to process everything that has happened in the last one or two minutes.

"Since middle school.." Jean says, ashamed.

"So you're telling me, that you known this whole time but you still got into a relationship with me?" I start to yell, tears falling down my cheeks. I'm surprised I haven't sparked any commotion and startled anyone from coming out their dorms and seeing what's going on.

"I loved you Jean, and you're telling me I've been wasting my time with you this whole time??"

"I'm sorry Mikasa, really. I-I was just scared, scared of everything. I didn't know what to believe, until I met Marco awhile ago." He confesses. "I do love you-"

"No you don't, otherwise you wouldn't be kissing Marco Bolt while me and you are in a relationship."

I finally quit, understanding that I can't change my boyfriend's feelings.

I get ahold of myself, wiping my tears off my rosy cheeks and fixing my posture. Taking a deep breath, I say, "Jean. I'm breaking up with you, for the better of me and you. I realize that I can't make you love me." The tears start to come back, and before I let the two boys see them, I walk out of his dorm and shut the door behind me.

My pace quickens, and soon I'm running. I hear faint shouting coming from Jean to come back and talk, but I don't want to hear anything. I block out everything around me. All the five senses. My only objective is to get out as quick as I can.

But then I feel something. My nose hurts and I come back from my senses. I bumped into something, no, someone. Their warm. I look up, and it's him. Eren..

———
End of chapter 3

A/N: sorry if this is bad, I don't have that much experience in the whole "breaking up" situation especially in the situation Mikasa is in right now haha. I am open for criticism for making me a better writer.