𝟮𝟮. 𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗚𝗢𝗢𝗗, 𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗡𝗨𝗠𝗕𝗘𝗥

Start from the beginning

"Cassie..."

And just like that, the woman's shoulders relaxed and her body movements loosened. Spinning around, she came face to face with the love of her life, the Sorcerer Supreme. Stephen's face was stunning in every way, but it was his eyes that drew her in the most. People frequently make a big deal about the color of their eyes, as if it were something important, but his eyes would be stunning in any shade. They have an intensity, an honesty, and a softness about them. Cassandra enjoyed drowning in them everytime, forgetting that everythigelse existed. She loved how his gaze would make her feel like she was the only woman in the world. The woman didn't have to extend her arms to reach him, for he already gathered her in his arms, pulling her in for a tight and warm embrace as if it would be the last time they would be together. She furrowed her eyebrows, but she didn't protest and instead returned his hug. They remained in each other's arms for a couple of seconds until Cassandra's nose picked up the trail of forceful stench emanating from Stephen's clothes.

"You smell like shit, sweetheart. We need to get a shower when we get home."

Cassandra felt Stephen' chest rumble as he laughed, breaking their embrace. She could see the weariness in his eyes even though he was fighting it with all he'd got. His smile didn't even reach his eyes. Lifting his hand, his trembling forefinger traced her cheek, raising an eyebrow when the tip of his nail reached her full lips. It was like he was tracing her face for the last time, memorizing every detail like how an artist would keep a memory of his muse. Running his thumb over the vermillion of her lips, he fished out a red lipstick from the pocket of his robes, handing it to her.

Cassandra hollered, amused and amazed that her boyfriend was carrying such an accessory. "You had this with you all this time?" She popped it open and applied it on her lips, puckering her lips as she felt complete.

He nodded, "Thankfully, yes, or you won't fight Thanos because you're not wearing your favorite shade of lipstick."

The sorceress laughed, slapping the shoulder of her partner. He returned her delight by squeezing her waist and she winced, forgetting to warn him that she had a bruise over that area. "Are you okay?" Stephen's expression swiftly morphed into worry.

"Yeah, yeah. I just have a bruise over there, sweetheart."

"You have a what?" Stephen commented, sounding upset. 

"Stephen -- "

"You should've told me you're hurt…"

"I'm okay."

The Guardian knew her partner hated seeing her hurt -- wounds, bruises, even scratches, he hated them all. Ever since Cassandra's back was sliced open by that monster they fought weeks ago, he would fuss over her like a doctor that had a patient in critical condition whenever she got hurt. Cassandra gripped Stephen's hands that were now on her face and kissed his right palm. If she hadn't fallen deeply in love with him more, she did now. Stephen Strange was the focus of not only her attention right now, but also her soul and mind. She wouldn't mind getting hurt again and again if it meant he was safe and whole. "I'm going to be okay, Stephen. I've endured worse than this."

He nodded, just squeezing her hand in return as a reassurance. Cassandra didn't know why but she felt like there was some internal ticking clock counting down to zero to seal their fate. "Do you think my plan will work, Stephen?" softly asked the woman, fear laced in her tone. 

"I have absolute faith in you." was his only response that she glanced at him, her eyes tight and worried. Within a second, Stephen pulled her close by her nape and connected their foreheads together. "Not just as your Sorcerer Supreme, but just me. I believe in you, Cassie."

Cassandra's lips trembled. She felt as if she'd misplaced a crucial reference point. She was unsettled, upset by abrupt shifts that forced her to venture into unfamiliar ground. She was restless because she was so uneasy. Her life's equilibrium was being thrown off. "We're going to get through this together."