Sacred Hope [Esora x Reader]

As I wandered through the halls of Yoba academy, I had my headphones in, listening to the same few songs as usual. I don't really have anything going, not that I ever do, and so I had just planned to head to the library to return some books and swap them out for something else. By the time I got done, I checked my phone to see that it's still pretty early, and that I have plenty of time to burn before I need to be home. The problem is what I should do. I could head home and just play some games, but with how nice the weather is today, it kind of feels like a waste to not spend some time outside today.

"Hey Y/n."

I saw that walking down a hall not too far from me was Esora Shimizu, an undoubtedly cute girl who while I didn't want to at first, I've grown really close to. "Hey Esora. What's up?"

"Well the two of us haven't really been able to spend too much time together, so I wanted to see if you'd want to go get something to eat with me?" Esora said

"Alright, that sounds good to me." I responded. I guess I've got something going on that'll help me pass the time, plus it's with Esora of all people.

"Great, let's go Y/n, I have just the place in mind." Esora said as she gave me a hug.

"Alright, but please no limousine." I said. Whenever she suggests she call for somebody to pick us up in a limousine, I've refused. Something about being alone in something as big as a limo with her makes me a little nervous.

"Alright Y/n, we'll just walk." Esora said

"Alright, thanks." I said as I started to walk alongside Esora, the two of us striking up a conversation as we went.

The two of us met up when our parents brought us together and explained that the four of them always got along extremely well in college, and wanted to arrange a marriage between the two of us and have it happen after we both graduate. Of course I never knew about my parents being so close to such a rich family, and so all of it was a surprise. Esora didn't want it, and I was particularly vocal about my displeasure about this. Along with my parents being pretty controlling at times, and my concerns about letting somebody into my life so suddenly for my own personal reasons, I was vehemently against the whole thing. Our parents accepted our decision, but at the very least hoped the two of us could be friends. I still had a couple issues with the whole thing, but was much more accepting of that compared to having the two of us get married in a year when we had never even met before then.

That's when another stupid issue was added to my pile. Despite expecting the two of us to get along okay and drift apart after too long, I ended up really enjoying my time with Esora. Heck, it's even gotten to the point that I can say I've fallen in love with her. But if I do anything about it, I worry about what may come further down the line.

After walking for a while, we eventually reached the destination where Esora wanted to eat with me.

"This place seems a bit too fancy for two high school students, don't you think?" I said. When she said she wanted to get something to eat with me, I figured we'd just go to a cafe or something. I think I should have just enough cash in my wallet to go dutch when it comes to paying for the bill. I get that she's rich and all, but I can't help but feel guilty when people pay for me.

"It's fine Y/n. I thought a place like this would be a really lovely place for something I want to talk to you about." Esora said

"If you say so." I said. Although being the middle class guy I am, I haven't really gone to higher quality restaurants too often.

After we were taken to our seats, we were given our menus, and after deciding our orders and telling the waiter, we started to talk.

"I really don't go to these kinds of places too often. I'm not doing something stupid and rude or something, am I?" I said