Part 4

Qi Rong said, "I didn't lie to you. An Le was weak; he died of overdose, everyone was doing the same shit, he just couldn't stop".

"Yeah, you pushed it on him you fucking bastard!", Lang Qianqiu blurted out.

Qi Rong laughed hysterically again. Xie Lian remembered he always had some issue, maybe some undiagnosed ADHD; he could never sit still and always had this out-of-place behaviour, which made him popular with the wrong kind of kids. And he was always daring, which made him naturally the leader of the trouble-makers.

"But of course. I started my business when I was, what, 15, 16? I had to get some clients within my circle first", and gave Lang Qianqiu a bright smile.

Lang Qianqiu shook Xie Lian off and punched Qi Rong square on the face. His mates around gasped; Hua Cheng held Qi Rong in a way to show he would be punched some more if they stepped in.

"Pfff you're An Le's little brother alright, you call this a punch?" and he laughed.

"Listen. Everybody was doing shit, I pushed everyone. Remember Xie Lian that fucking YouTuber? Thought too good to collaborate with me? He was into my shit too".

This time it was Hua Cheng who punched him. Now THAT was a punch, and blood started to drip profusely from his nose. Qi Rong was dizzy, and shook his head in shock, "What's your problem?". It was Xie Lian's turn to step in, "No one wants to hear your shit, Qi Rong".

Qi Rong tilted his head, recognising that voice, and looked at him, "Xie Lian? You're fucking Xie Lian!"

Xie Lian smiled, "I wish I could say you look just like in the old days". Then he added, "Just to make things clear. I never wanted to collaborate with you not because your music was shit, which it was, but because you only sang about getting girls drunk to fuck them. Seriously???"

Qi Rong replied, "What, you all decided to have a fucking party at my lair?"

"We came to hear about An Le's death. The truth", Hua Cheng replied.

Remembering too well the punch he just had, Qi Rong blurted out, "I just told you. An Le couldn't hold back. I did push drugs on him, yes, as I did with everyone. That's how I started."

Lang Qianqiu started to breath loudly, probably another anxiety episode coming. He shouted, "WHAT YOU MEAN HE COULDN'T HOLD BACK! IT'S HEROIN YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. HEROIN AND FUCKING SYNTETHIC SHIT. OF COURSE HE COULDN'T HOLD BACK!"

His eyes got red as if he was fighting back tears with all his might. He went on, "He needed help, he needed to stop. You kept pushing him... You and fucking FangXin", he breathed out.

"What FangXin? FangXin that silver masked guy from the internet?", Qi Rong asked.

"He was the drug lord and you were his bitch", Lang Qianqiu said, giving Xie Lian a side look.

Xie Lian said, "Ok that's enough. Let's go Qianqiu".

"No", Hua Cheng said suddenly. "We're not going anywhere".

"San Lang?", Xie Lian gasped.

"I have nothing to do with that FangXin. Who knows who the fuck he was. Probably a social worker", Qi Rong said, sensing the tension between Xie Lian and Hua Cheng about this FangXin, so he was all the more willing to say everything he knew.

"Social worker?", Lang Qianqiu asked.

"He was always going on and on and on about us kids stop doing drugs. Fuck him!" Qi Rong clicked his tongue. Lang Qianqiu was puzzled; he thought FangXin was actually pushing everyone to use drugs. But why would Qi Rong lie? He turned to Xie Lian,

"If that's the case, why didn't you say anything?"

"Say what? That I couldn't stop An Le? What good would that do to you?", Xie Lian snapped. He was clearly distressed, million thoughts and memories flushing through his head. Qi Rong was bleeding all over his face, but he was sharp enough to notice it.

"Ohhh I see now. I see! You're FangXin. FangXin is you! Fuuuck!" and he laughed hysterically again. Then he carried on, "Well, that figures. You've always been such a good guy, Xie Lian. Nice. Kind. Helping everyone. The Dalai Lama himself!" and he laughed again sarcastically.

Hua Cheng punched him again; Qi Rong said, "I see you're HIS boyfriend then, coming all the way here to clear his shitty name", spitting blood all over.

"Shut up", Xie Lian said. "You don't know what you're talking about".

"Course I know. Fucking Xie Lian, so much better than me, so much better than anyone. And look what happened to you", he kept laughing, and as Hua Cheng was going to punch him again, Xie Lian held his arm and said in a low voice, "That's not necessary".

Hua Cheng held his arm. Qi Rong kept laughing and got punched again on the face, this time by Xie Lian. He said, gritting his teeth, "Just because I never hit you back in the day it doesn't mean I won't hit you now". Qi Rong started to swear nonstop.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT, WHAT DO YOU FUCKING WANT? THAT'S IT, I PUSHED SHIT ON AN LE. HEROIN, AND FENTANYL. HE COULDN'T STOP. HE DIED. SO SORRY, NOT MY FAULT HE WAS THIS FUCKING WEAK"; he looked at Lang Qianqiu, "AND YOU THOUGHT FANGXIN WAS THE ONE BEHIND IT DIDN'T YOU? WHEN FUCKING FANGXIN WAS XIE LIAN THE DALAI LAMA?" and he laughed again.

Suddenly, a loud noise of shooting. Hua Cheng let Qi Rong go, and grabbed Xie Lian, who dragged Lang Qianqiu, behind a low wall nearby. Lang Qianqiu struggled, wanting to go at Qi Rong, but Xie Lian held him firmly. Hua Cheng wrapped an arm around Xie Lian, and said by his ear, "It's ok, it's rubber bullets, they're shooting up".

Then they heard, "YOU'RE UNDER ARREST!" many times, everyone running in all directions; several being tackled and handcuffed on the spot. Blue lights flashing, music still playing loud, a total nightmare. They stayed crouching behind that low wall for a while, when PC Xiaxian Yue found them, giving the thumbs up, saying all was well.

He said to Lang Qianqiu, "With the confession we obtained, we might be able to reopen An Le's case, is it something you could help us with?"

Lang Qianqiu nodded, looking like he was in shock. PC Xiaxian Yue nodded to Hua Cheng and Xie Lian, then took him away back to the van.

Thanks for reading! If you liked it please vote, comment, follow me! 😊