》2《

"Let's go?" Gyomei asked as you nod your head while smiling.

You and Gyomei were assigned on a mission together and because it's kinda far, the both of you have to take train and it's not the first time the both it you would ride train together.

Both of you occasionally go on a mission together , sometimes you would go with Rengoku or Giyu. Because even though you're a pillar, Kagaya were still protective to you, giving you some missions that are dangerous but not too dangerous.

"Himejima, how long would it take for us to arrive there?" You asked silently yawning. "More or Less than 6 hours. We would arrive there same time when the sun would set, may I ask why?"

"I'm lack of sleep, so if it's not a burden, can I sleep and woke me up after?" You asked him making him cry for no reason.

"May the god give you enough sleep, of course you can," he said making you smile and find a comfortable position.

Even though you found it uncomfortable, you lean on the train's window feeling the unpleasant vibration of the train.

You managed to sleep because of your sleepiness but the uncomfortably feeling still bothers you.

Gyomei felt how uncomfortable you are making him smile for a little as he gently lead your head down his shoulder. He also felt your satisfied face making him smile all over again.

You and Gyomei met during his supposed trial for the accusation for killing the children at the temple. You were clinging with your brother that time in order to guide him.

You're already a demon slayer and just passed the final selection to become an official demon slayer.

You were thirteen, Kagaya was fourteen and Gyomei was eighteen at that time. You also became a hashira same as the day Gyomei did.

But you trained yourself since young because of Kagaya, you want to stick by his side until the end. Soon, after the train stops you and Gyomei did your missions together killing a lower moon on the process.

"That was so great Himejima-san!" You said feeling proud of killing another lower moon. The two of you were about to enter shop when your crow and Gyomei's crow announced a shocking news.

"Kanae Kocho died after fighting upper moon 2," was everything it said.

Your eyes widen as you cover your mouth in shock as Gyomei started on crying praying for Kanae's death.

Kanae was so important to you considering she also became your bestfriend being the only two girls as hashira. You bit your lip as you look on the ground, grieving.

What could you do? Death are the enemy every humans need to face and accept, some may able to trick and escape it but many don't. Especially for demon slayers.

Both of you separated with simple goodbyes as you went straight to your room, Kiriya and the other niece you have didn't bother you considering that you might be grieving over your friend's death.

The moon was out and the swaying of the Wisteria tree due to the cold and strong winds made the petals scatter everywhere. It made you just seat on the step outside your room and watch the clouds move on the sky.

A tear slid down your cheeks as you started crying, whenever you got attached to people they just die without you by their sides. Your two tsugoku died while killing demons that is why you never had the courage to have tsugoku again.

You suddenly felt warm clothes over your shoulder and a few small hands hugging you. You saw Nichika, Hinaki, Kiriya, Kuina and Kanata hugging you. You then burst to more tears as you hugged them back. As you didn't notice Kagaya and Amane on a distance watching you break down.

A week after Kanae's death, a sudden meeting was announced to be made. You arrived and was the last one since your crow have a hard time only to see you eating in a shop.

"Himejima!" You called as he looked at your direction and had a conversation. "I heard that you cried a lot and locked yourself, are you okay?" He asked with a tint of worry on his voice.

"I am, she might be gone but she'll always live with me!" You said cheerfully making him smile and pat your head.

Rengoku then joined your conversation with Tengen by his side, Obanai was still in the tree waiting till Oyakata-sama/Kagaya arrived, Muichiro was looking at the clouds, Sanemi's just alone with still a frowning face and grumbling some curse as for Tomioka is still alone and does not talk with anybody.

"Oyakata-sama finally arrived," Kanata said making the eight of you to bow down. "How's your week my children?" Oyakata asked calmly with his remarkable tender smile.

Everyone one answered with a 'fine', 'absolute' or 'peace'

"I called you because we will promote a slayer to become a new hashira, you all knew her since she's been with Kanae since then," he proclaimed as Shinobu then showed her self and bowed.

"Kocho Shinobu, nice to meet you all," she said.

"She will now be the new Insect Hashira."

The meeting end after some further announcement for the hashira as Shinobu approached you.

"Ubuyashiki-san, Kanae-neechan wanted to give you something. She said that you're the only one who knew where it is so she was giving you this," Shinobu said as she handed you a piece of paper.

" ..." You took the paper and saw the content. It was a map of Kanae's office and you know there is a secret drawer behind the book shelf. But you didn't know what is inside of it.

Both you and Shinobu went there as she then guided the girls or treat injured demon slayers. While you went to the said book shelf and slide the books to the right.

You opened a drawer and saw a butterfly hairpin, a syringe with something inside of it and a letter.

"Did you find it?" A sudden voice making you immediately look at the door only to see Gyomei. " .. yeah, this is more likely to be used in the future," you replied as both of you walked together leaving the butterfly mansion without telling Shinobu but I request Aoi to talk Shinobu about it.