Chapter 2 - The Reveal

Comincia dall'inizio

The quaint village you three called home didn't have much on offer. A small shop for necessities, a church for prayer, and several stone and hay huts for the residents. A large waterfall created a river that flowed through the center of the village. 

Overlooking it all was Amber's house, which was also where you and Eleven lived. After the sudden death of your parents 6 years ago from unknown causes, Amber was kind enough to welcome you into her home with open arms. You were already good friends with Eleven back then, so there was no way you could complain. 

As you and the others stepped into your home, Amber was at the furnace stirring something up in a pot. She turned to see who walked in, and smiled

Amber: "Here's my little soldiers! Well, not so little any more—I've heard all about your big adventure! Look at you two, all grown-up! I hope they weren't too much of a bother, Gemma dear

Amber: "Here's my little soldiers! Well, not so little any more—I've heard all about your big adventure! Look at you two, all grown-up! I hope they weren't too much of a bother, Gemma dear."

Gemma shook her head at the comment

Gemma: "Quite the opposite, in fact! You would have been proud of Eleven! We got attacked by a monster at the top of the Tor, and I ended up hanging on to the edge of the cliff by my fingertips! I thought I was done for! But you'll never guess what happened next! That mark on his hand suddenly lit up, and a bolt of lightning hit the monster!"

When Amber heard the final sentence, she was visibly surprised

Amber: "What did you say!?"

She took a look at Eleven's mark, which hasn't glowed since the attack on the Tor.

Amber: "That funny little mark? Lightning flying about the place? Goodness me..."

Y/N: "Do you... know something about it?"

Amber shut her eyes and dropped her head slightly

Amber: "Here I was hoping he'd turn out nice and ordinary, but it seems his grandfather was right all along..."

She then lifted her head up and opened her eyes

Amber: "Well, I've been putting this off for long enough now. You and me need to have a little talk. Here. This belongs to you."

She stepped towards Eleven and placed something in his hand. It was a pendant; at the center of it was a green crystal that had an mysterious symbol inside of it

Eleven: "What's this?"

Amber: "Your grandfather asked me to give you it once you'd come of age and climbed the Tor."