S: Drugs! How is this possible?

Chanda: That's what we don't understand. I called a lawyer but he said Annika can't get bail

S: I'll speak to my lawyer, don't worry Chanda, I'll get her out

Shivaay called his lawyers and asked them to look into the matter

B: Bhaiyya, I spoke to some of my contacts in Delhi, the police got a tip to check Annika's bags and there was about 500g of cocaine. What I don't understand is, how did they get such a tip? Annika doesn't have any prior criminal record, she has never been spotted with drugs and is not associated with any criminal also.

S: I don't know Bhavya, I'll fly to Delhi with the lawyer as soon as the jet is ready. I'll keep you in the loop.

********

A few hours later, Shivaay reached the police station with his lawyer. He wanted to scream at the world, fight with everyone who tortured this poor girl, who sat on a stone bench inside the lockup right now.

S: Annika...

A: Shivaay

She walked up to the bars that separated them, the metal bars that encaged her.

A: I didn't do it Shivaay, I don't know how it got in my bag. They won't listen to me

He placed his palm on her cheek

S: I know, I know you're innocent. Relax, I'm here now. I'll get you out.

The lawyer got all the details of the case.

MrKothari: Mr. Oberoi, I'll prepare the bail papers but the court is closed for the day. We can't get Ms. Trivedi out today. And even tomorrow there's no guarantee if a judge will grant bail.

S: Do whatever you can Mr. Kothari, I can't let Annika spend another minute inside this cell. Use any contacts you have

MrKothari: we have no way of proving her innocence

S: I don't care, do something and get her out

Neil flew to Delhi and directly went to the police station to see Annika.

Neil: Annika! I spoke to another lawyer, he said you might not get bail any time soon.

A: I don't get it, Neil, how did that package get in my bag?

Neil: Who would want to frame you?

A: I can't think of anyone. I had my bag with me the whole time at Mumbai airport, it must have happened after that.

Constable: Ok enough, meeting time is over

A: Neil, get in touch with Shivaay.

Shivaay, Neil, and Mr. Kothari went to the court to get Annika's bail posted. Since the court was closed, Mr. Kothari used his contact to send the papers to the judge's clerk. But as predicted by Mr. Kothari, bail was denied.

Both Shivaay and Mr. Kothari used up all their contacts to no avail and Annika ended up spending the night in the lockup.

Shivaay thought about it all night, worried sick for her. There was one last option, an option he wished he didn't have to resort to. Early in the morning, he made a call.

S: I need your help

Shakti: Of course Shivaay, tell me beta

He wanted to lash out at him for calling him 'beta' but he had more pressing matters to deal with right now.

S: You're friends with one of the high court judges in Delhi, right? Can you talk to him and bail Annika out? I'll do anything you ask me to. I'll be nice to you and talk to you properly, just do this for me

Shakti: I'll do whatever I can Shivaay.

It had been years since Shivaay had said more than a sentence to Shakti. He knew Shivaay must have been desperate or he wouldn't have called. And Shakti was not going to let this opportunity, to mend his relationship with his son, go to waste. His son asked for this, so he'll deliver no matter the cost.

Shakti flew to Delhi on the first flight he could get and met his friend as soon as he landed. By that afternoon, he got bail papers and handed them to Mr. Kothari.

S: This means a lot to me

Shakti: Anything for you, beta, now go, get her out.

Shivaay, Neil, and Mr. Kothari rushed to the police station while Shakti stayed back at the hotel. The constable opened the holding cell and got Annika out.

Shivaay wanted to hug her but stopped himself midway. They were still in the police station and some news reporters were trying to find out why Shivaay Singh Oberoi was here. He held her hand and walked out. They were about to get in the car when a man approached and called out Annika's name. He was dressed in formal attire and looked quite handsome.

Man: Miss Annika, Hi, I'm Sanket Khurana, I'm a lawyer. I just found out about your case.

S: Listen, we already have a lawyer

Sanket: I know Mr. Oberoi, and I also know that her bail was initially denied. So you must have gone to great lengths for this. I'm here because I know how we can prove her innocent

A: How?

Sanket: Can we all go somewhere private? There's a lot of media around

S: Sure, we're staying at the Oberoi hotel, can you meet us there in an hour?

Sanket: sure.

Hey guys I hope you like this chapter

Shivaay and Annika are going to look for evidence to prove her innocence.

Please vote and share your views in the comments