gojo/megumi platonic

.. *

it didn't happen often, but when it did she'd always be caught off guard.

the sound of someone knocking on her door, only for her to answer to a toddler standing there staring at his ipad.

"uhm," she was more then confused, "who are you?" she honestly didn't know what to say the first time it happened.

"gojo said you'd be babysitting." the little boy said, not looking up from his electronic. he then walked through the door like he owned the place, she sighed and closed the door.

"i see gojo has already left, do you know how long till he picks you up?" she asked, sitting next to him on the couch.

he looked up at her for the first time, "he said never." and back to his ipad he was.

after that fun week, and yes she was forced to take care of megumi for a whole week, gojo finally came back and left without even paying or thanking her.

"that absolute, bitch." she groaned, if anything she felt sorry for the kid for having to deal with the still newly legal adult.

"gojo," the third time she caught him before he could run off, seeing as he was wearing casual partying clothes she assumed he was going out for drinks. "are you seriously dumping him here just so you can go and hoe around?"

gojo laughed, looking at her over his shades, "babe, if you want to join just say it."

he sure knows how to get her to slam the door on him. taking that as an answer he left before she could realize she played right into his hand.

"you're out of goldfish." came the dead and monotonous voice of the six year old.

"you wanna go out and we can grab a few things you can eat?" she asked, getting a silent nod from the child.

after months of this, of y/n asking why gojo even kept megumi when it was obvious he didn't care for the child as he should. gojo saying she should just keep him with her, or offering for them to move in together to they can coparent.

"no, never. i' d rather die than live with you." she began to be the one picking the little boy up from school after he complained that gojo would arrive on a tricycle and wouldn't even let megumi on it.

she also over time realized the boy had, at some point, started calling her mom.

she nearly broke down crying, sadly gojo was there and made fun of her but he stopped after she threatened to cock block him.

megumi never called gojo dad, never gave him any sort if parental nickname like he did with y/n. and honestly, she was happy for that.

she knows gojo is a terrible parental figure, she'd be worried if the kid actually saw him as a father figure. but he doesn't, calls the poor guy by his name even when begged for a nickname.

the boy grew, eventually he would start to walk over to y/n's house on his own. but then middle school rolled around, he became angsty. he'd stopped showing up to her house, stopped coming by for dinner or to talk with her.

"hey kiddo, what up? you been alright?" she asked, she'd been worried for weeks due to his sudden disappearance.

"i'm fine," he wanted to stop there but picturing her frowning on the other line made him sigh. "kids at school, they're all annoying."

an understatement sure, he also didn't mention that he'd been beating up a mass amount of his classmates.

"should i talk to the school? they're not hurting you, right?" she was more worried, afraid her little boy was getting bullied.

"i can handle it, they never hurt me in anyway." the boy was nervous now, he didn't want her to find out he was the bully.

"okay, remember you can always call or come over. gojo hasn't been around much, i know, so your home must be pretty empty." she chuckled, assured by the boy that he was doing good.

"i'll try, school keeps me busy."

middle school wasn't a good time for either of them, they missed each other and were worried for one another.

megumi felt bad for deserting her, while she felt that the boy she helped raised might be struggling.

but then, it all changed.

he went into jujitsu tech and was a student of gojo's now. he has friends, gojo told her that.

she was proud, happy to know that little boy who never really communicated and was always so mature for his age, finally had friends.

one day, there was a knock on her door and she opened, not expecting to see megumi, gojo, and two other teens.

"mom, these are my friends."

*..