nobara kugisaki

a/n: y/n will have a mixture of different synesthesia disorders, causing her brain to automatically invoke different feelings, colors, images, and smells when she hears something. it can be caused by music, someone singing, someone talking, humming, laughing ect.

. **

the smell of her laughter was what made y/n fall for nobara. it was the same as her favorite song, one her parents used to sing her to sleep with.

her dark childhood room, the curtains pulled shut as rain tapped on the glass. thunder cracked as a hand met her forehead and fingers ran through her hair. the sound of her parents humming and whispering sweet words of comfort as she fell asleep.

y/n looked to the girl, her brown hair tucked behind her ears as she finished writing a list. "so, first stop, donut shop. next is the vintage thrift store then the plant and crystal store next door." she said, looking up to y/n who had been watching her.

"sounds good, are we going anywhere for lunch?" she asked, getting a nod from the girl who looked at the list and dragged her finger down it.

she stopped at a sentence written in red and highlighted, "there's a sandwich shop around the corner of the plant place."

*

it felt like she was floating, head resting on nobara's shoulder as they were laying down together. nobara's hand moving to rub y/n's back as she pointed out clouds, her voice letting the sky turn a flood of water color blues that bled into each other beautifully.

soon enough when the brown haired girl realized her partner was being lulled to sleep, her voice softened and she hummed quietly.

the last thing y/n could see was an array of pinks mixing with the sky, a deep crimson red splitting the sky down the middle as the pink and blue mixed into pastel purples. but the humming of nobara was all she needed to ignore the blood sky and drift off.

*..

thunder was always something that pushed y/n to feel like she was helpless and alone. it made her feel like she was so separate from everyone else, like even in a room of people the rain was closing her off like a shield.

but when the door to her room opened and nobara came in with an extra blanket, telling y/n to make room, she instantly felt like someone cared.

her head laid on nobara's chest as the other girl ran her hands down her arms, she felt warm and safe.

the soft humming coming from the girl under her head not only sent vibrations through her, but it also had her eyes drooping and shutting in seconds. the thunder cracked outside but she felt safe, the feeling of danger lurking behind a corner but at the same time feeling like the safest person on the planet nearly sent her into orbit.

it was like she'd landed face first into a mixture of neptune and jupiter. warm shades mixing with cold ones all coming together to create a cozy home like sensation that put her to sleep.

. *..