Chapter 5 ~ The house

Hey everyone, first off thank you so much for waiting patiently for this chapter. I was gone with friends to Kentucky for 5 days. We went to the Creation Museum and my friend had an achery tournament. I had fun. My friend and I never knew how random I could be while watching a Bucks & Bulls basketball game. :D Anyways, enough with my talking. On with the next chapter!

Rue Varron

P.S 10 votes again for the next chapter. :)

P.S.S This chapter isn't very eventful because it's mainly talking about the house..

Chapter 5

I stared at the gigantic 'I heart Papa Smurf' sign painted on the back of my car. How could she have found my blue paint? It had been in my room the whole time. Then it hit me.

"Dad!" Oh, he's going to get it when they come back from their cruise. I wasn't about to do anything more to them today since they were leaving tomorrow and I was moving in the new house. Most people would think I should be mad about mom painting something on my car, but I didn't care; it was washable paint. I was mad because I had other plans for it. Now I had to go get more.

I groaned and made my way up to the steps to my 'landlord' holding her heart, trying to catch her breath.

"It's really not that funny. I had plans for that paint." I growled and smiled sneakily at Lee. He stiffened for a moment and then bowed his head. My smile fell. Why is he so...

"Oh, it's funny alright.” Her wild blonde curls waved in front of her freckle covered face as she laughed.

“Whatever.” I scoffed.

"I don't think I'm gonna have any problems with you guys. Anyway, I'm Jazzy. Short for Jazzella. Weird name, don't worry I already know. I'm guessing you're Dee and you're Lee? Hey that rhymed." She laughed and pointed at us when she said our names. I rolled my eyes.

"Can you just give us the rules?" I asked, trying to sound polite. By the look on her face I knew I hadn't.

"Yes, I can just give you the rules," she sneered. Bi-polar much? "Or I could give you a tour while I'm at it!" She added optimistically.

"Yup, bi-polar," I muttered quietly under my breath as we followed her inside. "Are you sure this is the right house?" I asked instantly after looking at the living room. The walls were a light creamy white with black trim. There was a black leather couch, with two identical black leather chairs on each side, in the middle of the room facing a 24 inch plasma screen T.V. with a dvd player on the entertainment center just below it. My face lit up as I saw a few dvds lying on top of it. There was a oval shaped, black coffee table between the entertainment center and the couch. The carpet was a soft smokey charcoal grey.There were checkered black and white curtains hanging over every window. Those definitely have to be changed, I thought. Empty photo frames hung up on the wall going down diagonally. In the far corner of the room was an empty black bookshelf.

"Of course," she answered. "To tell you the truth, out of all the places available this one has all the really nice expensive stuff, but none of this was put in here till yesterday afternoon. Your teacher said that both of you were trustworthy enough to have it," Jazzy explained. "Ok, so this is your living room. The T.V. was actually donated to the school but was never used, so it's practically brand new. Um, let's see, rule number one: you can't have any parties unless it is four people including both of you and absolutely no alcohol."

"Alcohol is disgusting." I scrunched my face up in disgust. I'd only been to one party and that had been enough to make me hate alcohol. The smell of puke and beer together was not great, and the taste of the beer itself was just bitter.