Chap 5: Disaster Party

Previously
"Come on, we've got a party to crash." I earned a small laugh from her before we let go and climbed up the stairs to the chaos on the roof. This is going to be great fun-

 . . . . .

Lance's POV
I was playing some beer pong (it's just lemonade-) with some of the other cadets in my course when I noticed Octavia climbing up from the stairs.

She had her normal bright smile on her face that brought butterflies to my stomach. They quickly disappeared when I saw who she was with.

Keith- Of all people she could have came with she came with the guy I hated the most. Sure, this rival thing is stupid. But he always seems to be better then me.

Better at Solo, better with test scores (surprisingly) and now he even got the girl!

"Oi Lance, it's your shot." Pidge elbowed me in the rib cage to get my attention.

"Ow! Okay okay! I'm having my shot!"

Octavia's POV
When Keith and I got up to the roof everyone seemed to be having their fun.

Lance and some of his friends were playing what seemed to be beer pong.

James was flirting with another girl from our Solo course, some people were stargazing. And the rest seemed to be having their own dance parties.

I gasped loudly when I heard my favourite Katy Perry song come on. "Keith Last Friday Night is on!"

Keith being Keith of course he didn't know the song, so I dropped my backpack against a wall and dragged him into the crowd a little more and started jumping around with him.

I had a bright smile on my face as I got him to sing the lyrics with me. "Think we kissed but I forgot last Friday night! Oooooo!"

All of a sudden the music paused and James cleared his throat. "Sorry to interrupt everyone's lovely night. But I would like to read you all some of my favourite passages in my new book."

He smirked and made sure he was looking directly at me. "All of you should know the author, it's none other then our star student Cadet Silver!"

He stretched out his arm towards me, making everyone turn their attention on me. My face turned red out of embarrassment as I went to grab Keith arm, but to my dismay he wasn't there.

I could feel my throat tighten as James slowly opened the pages to my journal. "Hm, this one looks interesting! How about we start here Octavia?"

"James don't! I'm begging you." I pleaded as I stepped towards him but he was already reading out the words in his own way.

"Dear Diary, class was normal like every other day. Iverson getting cranky at the other cadets, people asking me to help them with studying and notes. And Griffin being as Handsome as ever. It's a shame I'm to shy to ask him out, he'd probably reject me anyway." He chuckled to himself as he read his own version of my journal, only him and I actually knew what was written on those pages and it definitely isn't that.

Tears welled up in my eyes as he started reading again, I was frozen and unable to stop the utter embarrassment I was going through.

All of a sudden I heard a big whack and James had shut his mouth. Snapping out of my trance I looked forward to see James on the floor with an angry Keith standing over him.

That was the last thing that set my tears off. I quickly grabbed my backpack and ran back down the stairs and away from the party. I didn't care if they still had my journal. I couldn't take everything that had just happened.

I thought Keith was a good guy, yea James is an asshole and a bully but why would he punch him like that?

Before I could comprehend where I was going I found myself back at my dorm door, my vision was clouded from my tears as I dug in my pockets for the keys.

I was going into space tomorrow and tonight was supposed to be amazing-

__________________
Hah! Two chapters in a day. I know they're only short at the moment but when I get more into he plot the chapters will get longer.
I'll write and publish some more chapters for you tomorrow.

Also you should go check out my Camilo story, it only has a chapter so far.

See you tomorrow
Love, Mxuse 🐭