4 • friends?

"Princess lets go! Wake up!"

I jerked awake, still under shock from the attack and murder of my parents. My eyes stinging and searching frantically for my brother. Realizing no danger, I scowled at Cody who woke me up.

"What was that for? I could've had a heart attack!" I shrieked.

Rolling his brown eyes at me,
"Chill, anyway it's 6:30 and we have school today. I'm leaving at 7:15 with or with out." He shrugged and stalked out my room. What a jerk.

How in the world am I supposed to get ready in only 45 minutes?! He wasn't even ready! Wearing shorts and a muscle tank, how scandalous and rude to enter a girls room in such a manner.

Well time to explore my closet. I got up and opened one of the doors near the dresser. Inside revealed a clean white tiled bathroom. Well this is definitely not a closet. Walking across the room opposite of the bathroom and entrance door, I opened the brass handle to the closet.

Bless William

Every thing hanging in the closet was a completed outfit or dress. He must've heard enough rambling and complaining from me saying how I've never had less than a month where my closed was pre-organized per day,season, and an occasional back up for weather changes. He prepared my closet well, no doubt with the help of many stylists. I noticed name subtle brands from Lilly Pulitzer to  Gap to even Christian Dior and Michael Kors.

I squealed in delight, I couldn't wait to play the part of an American teenage girl. Though the circumstance wasn't ideal, wasn't the saying "you got to make lemonade out of lemons" right?

After taking a quick shower, I decided to let my new brown hair air dry hopefully it would dry a nice straight-wavy, there weren't any hair products in the bathroom.

I settled on slightly ripped jeans, something my mother would've never allowed, a long-sleeved white t-shirt, brown wedges, some James Avery sterling silver rings on each hand and a brown accent necklace. I grabbed a matching brown leather jacket, I had no idea what the weather was like.

"Addie lets go!"

Cody shouted.

Looking around the room frantically I saw a large navy and brown longchamp purse I could use as a school bag. I would have to ask Emma for a proper school bag, I never had a use for one before but my new life called for one.

Rushing down the stairs I met an impatiently waiting Cody who was pacing around. He wore a tight green shirt, that showed off his muscles and jeans with his brown hair tousled effortlessly.

Cody, about to shout again for me, turned around surprised. His raised eyebrows came back down and his eyes narrowed and said sarcastically,

"Wowww, you're really poor aren't you?"

I looked down again at what I was wearing. I shrugged my shoulders, it seamed normal to me, much less dressier than normal.

"Oh Addie! Wait! Let me take a picture of you and Blake!"
Emma said coming from some random hallway with Blake grinning behind her.

Cody moved out the way and I bent down and smiled next to my little brother.

A quick flash and Cody said impatiently, "Mom, Addie and I are going to be late. Can we go?"

"Oh yeah!" Emma hugged me tightly and said to me, "Have a fabulous first day and you have my number on speed dial."

I looked down at the phone in my head and nodded. I looked back up and of course Cody was nowhere to be found.