126: PartyTime (part2)

You, Josh, Bryce, and Cooper were playing a game of pong when Emma walked up with a pretty girl with short brown hair. Before she said a word, it was clear she was such a bubbly personality with a smile that was contagious. Emma wrapped her arm through the new girl's arm and announced:
"Hey everyone, this is Sab. She works at the restaurant with us."

You were confused because you'd never met this girl before. In her defense, you hadn't been working much lately. Still, you made sure you maintained a friendly smile:
"I don't think we've met yet."

Sab: "I just started last weekend. Emma said you were taking some time off but maybe we'll get to work together soon now that you're back."

Before you could respond, Cooper stepped between you with a goofy smile plastered across his face:
"Hi. I'm Cooper."

It was clear there was a spark with those two

It was clear there was a spark with those two. You and Emma each grabbed Josh and Bryce's hands and pulled them away. You quickly explained:
"Why don't we ditch the game and let these two get to know each other."

Josh suddenly put two and two together and exclaimed:
"Ohhhh... Way to go, Coop."

Emma and Bryce sat on the couch, cuddled up. Those two found a way to be joined at the hip no matter what they were doing. Josh sat in the chair next to them and pulled you down into his lap. His arms were wrapped tightly around your waist while he and Bryce were deep in a conversation. Their talk went way over your head because your attention was focused across the room. Vinnie was trying hard to impress Nessa but it was obvious the smile plastered across her face was fake.

Vinnie: "So what do you like to do for fun?"

Nessa: "Whatever the hell I feel like in the moment, mostly

Nessa: "Whatever the hell I feel like in the moment, mostly. I'm not really a think-before-I-act kinda girl these days."

Vinnie started to laugh but it was obvious he didn't get what she was talking about at all. He didn't know whether to think it was all an act or if she was just teasing him. Either way, it was becoming painfully obvious first, he didn't know how to talk to women very well. Second, she wasn't really interested in letting him get to know her.

Josh must have asked you a question that you were too distracted to fully process because he pulled you to him for a kiss before asking:
"You okay?"

You had waited all night for Josh to get there but once he arrived, you were too lost in your own head to enjoy it. It made you sad because all you wanted in this world was to feel like you did before your world came crashing down around you. Suddenly, Jaden, Chase, and a beautiful blonde girl with an electric smile walked in the door and you excused yourself to go greet them.