11: Trouble in Paradise

The next day you were trying to clean up the mess you’d made of your room while also stressing over what outfit to wear. You were on your third wardrobe change when the doorbell rang. No one else was home so you wrapped your robe around you and ran down to answer it. To your shock it was Chase. You’d been texting off and on the last few days but you weren’t expecting him to show up.

Chase let himself in as if he was already more comfortable in your house than you were:
“Isn’t your date supposed to be here in like half an hour?”

You: “Yes. I’m basically ready, I just can’t figure out the outfit.”

Chase walked into your room and saw the mess you’d left and joked:
“It’s a wonder you can’t figure it out with everything you own spread all out like this.”

You: “Oh shut it. I’m trying to clean it. I was just stressing over what I was gonna wear last night to that party Bryce invited me to.”

Chase: “How did that go? The last message you sent was that he was a lot cuter in person. That’s good right?”

You: “I mean… Yeah. We actually ended up spending half the night going through my matches and joking about them. It was fun. He was awesome but I can definitely see this as more of a friend thing though."

Chase grabbed the mini skirt off your chair that you’d worn last night:
“This is what you wore? I have belts longer than this skirt. I mean you have the body for it, so pop off.”

While he was turned to clear a spot on your bed to sit down, you hurried and pulled your jeans on. He turned back as you were only halfway into your sweater. You scrambled to change the subject to distract from the way he was staring at you as you fixed your outfit:
“Still going out with Charli tonight?”

 You scrambled to change the subject to distract from the way he was staring at you as you fixed your outfit:“Still going out with Charli tonight?”

Chase’s mood instantly fell:
“I don’t even know. I thought we were but she has been in a mood all day and I just don’t understand it.”

You: “Did you tell her you were coming by here? Maybe she’s not as okay with this friendship as you think?”

Chase shook his head as he took your necklace and motioned for you to lift your hair so that he could help you fasten in:
“It doesn’t matter, I shouldn’t have said anything. I came to help you get psyched for this date. I’m really proud of you for putting yourself out there like this. 2 dates in 2 days-”

Chase’s pep talk was interrupted by the doorbell ringing again so you hurried down the stairs as you fixed your hair. On the other side of the door flashed a smile that lit up the whole entryway. You were absolutely mesmerized and had completely lost track of whatever Chase was saying.

 You were absolutely mesmerized and had completely lost track of whatever Chase was saying

Kio: “Wow.”

You completely ignored that Chase was still standing there and led Kio out towards his car with a smile:
“Let’s get going. I think you might have planned one of the coolest dates I’ve ever heard of.”

Your date will be interrupted… by Chase? Tayler? Or a mystery guest?