Just as she was thinking, they arrived at the main hall.

Everyone stood up to welcome them, and the Duke Dingguo sighed with emotion, "You've finally returned. How have you been these past few years in the Qingzhou?"

Xie Jiyong respectfully bowed and greeted the two. "Everything is well, thanks for father's careness."

Duke Dingguo then asked about the situation in the Qingzhou before giving up.

He looked at his grandson. He had to raise his head to see Xie Hanbin. "He's already so tall."

Xie Hanbin saluted his grandfather and grandmother.

Looking at the two granddaughters, one was smiling while the other was timid and innocent. They were both first-rate beauties. For a moment his eyes stayed fixed on his face, and he was shocked. She couldn't see it when she was young, but now that she had grown up, she looked more and more like the old Madam Tan.

Grand Concubine Tan was Xie Jiyong's birth mother. She was originally the daughter of a small workshop. She was as beautiful as a flower, devastatingly beautiful. One day, when the Duke Dingguo walked across the street and saw her coming out of the door, he immediately fell in love and would not forget her ever again. Later, the duke brought her into the palace and made her his concubine. It was a pity that her life was so light. She had given birth to Xie Jiyong only a few years before she died. Even today, the Duke Dingguo still felt guilty for her. He would often think about her and reminisce about her for a while.

He had never thought that his little granddaughter was so similar to her.

The Old Master thought back to the past. Countless thoughts flooded his mind, and he spoke very slowly. "Good, good ..." "This is Ah Lisa and Ah Yeri, right? I haven't seen them since many years ago. Do you remember your grandfather?"

"Grandpa!" Xie Lisa's watery eyes curved, crisply said: "Grandfather!"

The Old Master replied happily.

"Of course I remember," she said. "I broke my grandfather's flowers, and you taught me a great lesson."

She may not remember when you were nice to her, but she will remember every time you teach her a lesson. The Old Master loved Xie Lisa the most. This little girl could enrage you, but she could also coax you to beaming at you in the next moment. This was a skill that made people love and hate her.

Duke Dingguo laughed and doted on her, "You little girl, you're still complaining about your grandfather?" "That's Yao Huang Wei Zi for the empress dowager. If you break it, how will Grandfather explain it to the palace?"

She stuck out her tongue. "I knew I was wrong."

The grandfather and granddaughter were still the same as many years ago, nagging nonstop. If it wasn't for the old granny, they probably would have continued their nagging as if no one else had spoken.

The old lady asked the family of five to sit down and chat. Xie Jiyong sat next to the head of the household, Xie Lisong, while Madam Dara sat opposite him. On the left and right of them were First Wife Xu and Third Wife Wu.

Madam Xu wore an apricot silk jacket, a turmeric skirt, and emerald pearls. Her faces were whitewashed with hairpin powder, but they immediately paled in comparison to the Madam Dara. She smiled at Madam Dara, called her sister-in-law, and said nothing more.

On the other hand, Madam Wu, who was on the right side, was much more cordial. She asked Madam Dara about the local customs and customs of the Qingzhou Province, then explained the changes that had occurred over the years in the Dingguo's Estate. Third Master Xie had just joined the Ministry of Rites two years ago and his career was going smoothly. Her words were filled with a sense of pride.