His Nightmare

Magsimula sa umpisa

William stopped talking for a moment and squinted at Vanny's computer screen. "What the hell is a podcast?"

"Hm? Oh uh... Something you probably wouldn't like."

"Yes, but what is it?" William asked again.

"It's just audio of people talking about stuff, I think? I don't watch podcasts." Vanny replied with a shrug. "I need visuals to watch... well, in that case listen to people talk about stuff."

For some reason William snickered at this, then replied with "So is that why you watch men with dyed hair play video games?"

"They're funny."

"This younger generation is strange." William said, propping his chin in his hand.

Yeah, funny hearing that from you of all people, Vanny thought to herself.

She scrolled for a few more seconds though, and then felt her hand freeze up in a painful sort of way.

"Augh! Hey! Stop that! That causes me pain, you know-" Vanny said, looking over at William in a semi-angry sort of way. William's eyes were fixated on the screen and there was a strange little smile starting to creep across his face... The unsettling kind.

Oh god, what is he looking at...?

Vanny turned and looked at her screen yet again and pretty much instantly saw the title of the video he was looking at. Or at least part of it, anyways. Enough to tell what the video was about.

Strange True Crime: The Unsolved Murders of Freddy Faz...

Before she could even attempt to scroll downward to pretend she couldn't see what William was looking at, William began to speak.

"That one. Let's watch that one." He said, with a twinge of barely-hidden excitement.

Vanny sighed, realizing she'd have no choice but to suck it up and listen to this. She just hoped he wouldn't gloat about this, given he was the one who had killed those people. She clicked the video and let the ads play, for once savoring them.

If he starts bragging and going into detail again, I think I'm going to vomit.

The video started and pretty much instantly, William had some things to say as he listened to the channel do their intro.

"Oh my god, is it just a group of guys who sit around the table and talk about murder?" William asked, seeming amused.

"There's uh... a few channels like this..." Vanny replied. "They're known as the true crime community. And yeah, they talk about... crime..."

"Incredible! You know it used to be that you had to work for the news to capitalize off of terrible tragedies." William joked. She covered her mouth. Vanny hated to admit, she did sometimes find him funny.

"Christ, his goatee is ugly." William muttered. "What is it with these... YouTube men and facial hair?"

Vanny shrugged and fixated her eyes on the guy with the clearly - and poorly - bleached hair, who had started talking about the history of Freddy's, when it had been founded and all that jazz, and even showed the faces of the founders. Vanny immediately recognized William. How could she not? She was too familiar with his face at that point, though she had to confess it was a bit odd to see him a little more clearly thanks to the photo. The one she hadn't recognized, and was quite surprised by, was the other guy, Henry Emily. He appeared to be rather young, college-aged, and had long, messy brown hair, striking green eyes and a smile that Vanny couldn't tell if it held childish mischief, or if it had simply belonged to a man who was putting on a mask of joy.