Naruto asks Konohamaru, as the two kneel before each other, "Hey, Konohamaru, do I seem uncool to you?"

"Well, compared to Sasuke and Kimi-chan... yeah, you're pretty lame!" The boy chimes, infuriating Naruto again.

"Aaahhh! You're not going to show me up, Sasuke, Kimi-chan!" Naruto yells at us.

Sasuke says for the both of us, "Hmph! Back off, loser!"

🗡🗡🗡

Later that night, after I'd eaten dinner, there's a knock on my front door. I answer it to find Kakashi.

"Hey, Sensei. Come in," I say with a jerk of my head as I step back. He enters and gazes around at my house curiously.

"So what did you want to tell me about?" He asks as I gesture for him to follow me to the living room. He sits in the recliner while I take the couch.

"....... My past," I say after a long pause, making Kakashi blink his eye in surprise. I take a deep breath. "Before I came to the Hidden Leaf Village, I was Orochimaru's student." His eye bugs in its socket at this and Kakashi sits up straighter.

"You we're Orochimaru's student...?!"

"Please let me finish before you freak out further," I ask, and he relaxes, nodding his head for me to go on. "You know the day my clan was massacred, right?"

"Everyone knows," Kakashi says.

"Well, what you don't know is who did it. It was Orochimaru and that four eyed freak, Kabuto Yakushi. It all happened without warning. I was going to train with my sister, Touka after breakfast, but then the village was suddenly attacked. My parents, Mika and Hitoshi, faced Orochimaru himself when they ordered me to take my sister and run. I had to go back for my family photo before I could flee with my imotou-chan, but as we were about to flee the village... Kabuto appeared. He'd just... killed my little sister before I even knew what was happening, and then he was dragging me out to his master. I was kneeling before Orochimaru and then I was being dragged from my home, and both of my parents were dead—Orochimaru killed them. Then he'd given me this damned Curse Mark to make sure I obeyed him. And he'd spent the next six years experimenting on me."

I tug my collar down to show Kakashi my Curse Mark. His eye widens further.

I sniffle strongly as I bury my face in my hands, unable to fight back the tears spilling forth. Kakashi hasn't said anything as I feel him gazing at me in stunned silence.

"Kimiko, I... I'm so sorry," Kakashi finally says in a sympathetic tone. "Why was he after you?"

"My Kekkei Genkai," I reply, wiping the tears away. I look up at Kakashi. He stares back at me, stunned by my show of tears. No one's ever seen me like this before. "You know it copies other Kekkei Genkai. Well, Orochimaru has desired it and took me to be his new vessel. He forced me to train and do assassinations from time to time. He let Kabuto do what he wanted to me as long as he didn't kill me. I was given drugs and cut into by that snake Orochimaru to the point my body almost gave out. Most days, Orochimaru only tested on me once or twice, if I was lucky. I was given powers that aren't mine to begin with...."

I trail off as more tears pour down my face.

Kakashi doesn't say anything as he gets up and comes over to sit next to me, on my right. I gaze at him as he reaches up a hand and gently wipes the tears from my face.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through all that, Kimiko. I'm grateful you trust me enough to tell me. How did you escape from him?"

"I just walked away when I had the chance," I say softly. I look down and put my face in my hands. "It's all my fault, Kakashi Sensei. If I'd been stronger and had been paying more attention, then maybe, at least, my little sister would still be alive! It's my fault my clan was killed—"