Chapter 25

As the morning arrived y/n had already woken up. She looked at Bruno and smiled solemnly, she tucked a stray hair out of his face and traced his thick brows.

As she continued to do so, the more she is realizing how much her adoration for this man could go. If only she's older maybe she can boldly tell the world how much her love for this man goes.

Sighing she got out of bed and grab her other bag that was left with her. She put her things in the bathroom back in it and proceeded to browse in Bruno's closet.

'he has such little selection of clothes and his poncho is getting quite old" She looked back at Bruno and saw him turn on his side and continued to sleep.

She then took his old poncho and hid it in her bag.

'I will take this Bruno I hope you don't mind, I want to give you something new' she mischievously thought.

Seeing that it's still too early for people to be awake yet, she had decided to go down and sneak some food in the tower early.

She went to the kitchen and prepared a wholesome breakfast for Bruno, she cooked with minimal noise to not disturb the residents of  Casita.

But unbeknownst to her someone already saw her since the moment she got out of Bruno's room.

And she didn't even noticed that the person had went in the kitchen and observed her every move.

"I hope he likes it, he loves sweet and savory food together in a meal" y/n said as she hummed and arranged the tray and got some fresh fruits and two glasses of orange juice.

Alma silently observed her as she grabbed the tray and went back to Bruno's room. She had trouble going up the stairs of Casita.

"Ay... This is harder than I had imagined, I can do this for Bruno" she said with conviction.

Just then Bruno's door opened and he emerged from behind it.

"For me?? What are you doing?" He asked as he rubbed his eyes and went to her.

"Well I just thought that maybe I an surprise you with a meal, but you caught me so yeah surprise!" She sheepishly said and motioned for the tray.

"Here let me get that for you, I was scared that you disappeared in the tower. But Julio told me that you went down. Speaking of which here he is" Bruno said as the said rat climbed his shoulder and jump at y/n's hand.

"Buenos dias Julio, I didn't see you earlier where were you?" She asked as they trek the stairs of Casita.

Julio squeak and snuggled her hand as she giggled merrily.

"I'm starting to doubt Julio's favorite person, I though you were my friend little guy, but you're sucking up to mí Hermosa" Julio squeak and looked at him only to avert his eyes back to y/n

"See he loves me" she said as they reached the final step of casita's stairs.

"But I love you more" Bruno whispered.

"What was that?" She asked as she looked at him confused.

"Ahah- ah nothing nothing, come on let's go before everyone is awake" he said as he turned to the side to let her open his door.

As they went in disappeared once more to their own little world. Alma got out of the shadows and clutched her shawl tightly.

" Brunito... You really like that girl don't you" she said as she looked at her locket and brought it up to her heart.

"Is this how I will be able to fix our connection Pedro? Is that girl the answer?" She questioned.

She went back to her room to ponder what might be the outcome of this bond that her son is having with the outsider.

Fear still clouding her judgement of the girl. Fear that she might lose her son to the unknown, fear that she might lose Pedro all over again.

Soon everyone was awaken by the sound of roosters and the chirping of birds

Pepa was first to wake up and brew herself some coffee to fully start her day.

And Julieta followed not long after and started to cook breakfast. But before she could start and make a large batch for Bruno and y/n, she saw a neatly folder paper by the stove, so she took it and inside sat a scribble of words clearly written in haste.

"Buenos dias Julieta! I woke up early and decided to surprise Bruno with breakfast. I might have used your materials without permission so I'm sorry for that. Oh and you don't have to cook us breakfast I made enough and also some snacks for later. " It said

Julieta smiled at this and proceeded to make breakfast just for her and their mamá and Pepa.

Breakfast went over smoothly, and soon the two sisters had to go to the town on once more to help the people.

Alma was left behind as she went to Bruno's room and quietly opened his door and stayed just behind the curtain of sand.

She pondered if she should tell them that she knew already that the Latina girl is here.

But before she could act on it she heard singing and laughing.

" Bruno come on, Gabriella should be able to sing good to attract señor Emmil!" She heard y/n say

" But she is baker!" " But even if she's a baker she can still sing"

They said as that conversation was led to laughter.

Then y/n started to sing.
And Bruno stàrted to sing with her.

" Can you sing me something else Bruno?" She asked.

"Well I know one, mamá used to sing it to us whenever we had a bad dream."

They started to sing a song titled 'Dos oruguitas'

They sung in sync and Alma felt herself tear up at this. Her son remembered the song she used to sing. The song she and her husband used to sing when she carried her children in her.

She decided to let them be. She silently walked out and went to the town. To clear her head and help the community.

While at it she saw the Latina's as they went around town holding a woven basket filled with groceries.

She observed them and saw the how love flow from them.

'Is this why that girl came to Bruno ? To help him... From my  damaging decision '

" Mamá you're here. Julieta still have some people to heal and I just finished helping the farmers with their crops" Pepa said as she smiled at her mamá.

"Good job Pepa" Alma was shocked when Pepa made rainbows and gentle hail.
'Does a compliment as simple as this made her happy?' she asked herself.

'my children is my precious treasures, I promise I'll make this right' Alma said as she held Pepa's hand.

Future We Hold (On Hiatus)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara