"Sakura," Kakashi utters, gazing at her.

"Kakashi! I'd stay focused if I were you!" Zabuza exclaims as he runs at him.

Before his sword could slice the Jounin in half, Kakashi leaps onto his palms and swings a kick around that lands in Zabuza's face, knocking him back.

Tazuna turns to the pinkette as he tells her, "Let me take you to him, Sakura. As long as we stay together, you won't be disobeying your Sensei's orders.

Sakura lifts her trembling hand and grips Tazuna's, uttering, "Thank you."

They then take off running in the direction I'd left Sasuke. Naruto doesn't look at Sakura as they pass us. The blonde grits his teeth and squeezes his eyes shut. Naruto mutters, "Sasuke..."

Sakura reaches the Uchiha and stares at him numbly, until she drops to her knees and places her hand on his cheek. "His body's cold! This isn't just one of his Genjutsu tricks, is it?"

Tazuna urges her, "Go on. You don't need to be brave on my account. Go ahead and let your feelings out, Sakura. It's alright."

Caressing Sasuke's cheek, Sakura says, "I was the best. Aced every test at the academy, the perfect student."

"Hm?" Tazuna turns his head to her.

"Did you know there are more than 100 principles of Shinobi Conduct? I memorised every single one. I used to love it when they tested us on them. It gave me the chance to show how smart I was. I remember, so clearly, this one exam, they asked us to explain the 25th principle. I got it right, of course." Sakura sniffles as the tears start pouring down her face. "A shinobi... never... shows his feelings... no matter what the circumstances. Feelings are a weakness, that only cloud his judgement and weaken his sense of duty... Sasuke!"

Sakura's tears burst forth as she throws herself on Sasuke and bawls her eyes out, body shaking. Naruto still has his eyes closed and teeth gritted, clutching the front of his orange jacket.

I look back when there's a clang, seeing Kakashi and Zabuza leap away from each other. Kakashi stands while the Momochi drops into a crouch, two kunai sticking out of his left arm.

Zabuza growls in frustration as he charges for Kakashi. When he reaches him, Kakashi just nonchalantly swings his left fist and knocks Zabuza back with a punch. I notice there's a bloody gash through the center of Kakashi's flak jacket.

He spins around and lands another punch that knocks Zabuza backwards, the point of his sword scraping through the concrete behind him