It was incredibly quiet with only those with young children going home and tucking in their young, most were very excitable.

I kept walking unsure of where I was going until I came across a small lake. Many people were jumping in and swimming around and I watched them. I recognized a few of them including Poseidon. He took big strokes with his long arms and was incredibly muscular. He was of course the head of the army. I watched as he took big strides to leave the water, noticing how the drops fell off his skin.

As he turned, I quickly hid behind a tree hoping he didn't spot me. As I carefully peered around, I couldn't spot him anywhere and made my way back to the castle.

As I walked slowly kicking my feet a little as I walked, I could feel someone following me. Turning I came face-to-chest with Poseidon. He was wearing just black swimming shorts and his chest was still wet from the lake.

"Enjoy the show, titan?" He breathed out pulling my chin to look at him.

Smirking, I took a step back. I started walking towards the castle before turning over my shoulder and taking pleasure saying, "I've seen better."

He grinned slightly and came to my side. We walked slowly back towards the castle.

"How long have you lived here?" I asked filling the silence.

"Since I was 2 or 3, I think. Almost all of my life. I moved after your pack was attacked. My mother was a titan, and she knew we would be safer here." I nodded.

"Did you ever think this is what you were missing?" He asked solemnly.

I chuckled, "Not in a million dreams. It's still a dream. For once, I feel like this is home, but it doesn't mean I don't miss everything I lost to get here." I hung my head low thinking of those who should have seen this.

"Come. I think you need to see this."

I followed him as a church-like building came into view. Stood by a tomb were Matt and Ruby both sobbing lightly.

"I went back for her. They left in the road, with her eyes still open."

I cried as I approached her. She was dressed in a long golden gown with golden speckles over her face. She looked at peace.

I kneeled down and looked at Kira. I began to cry and ask her for forgiveness.

"I'm so sorry, Kira. You shouldn't have given up your life for me. I don't deserve it. I don't deserve your sacrifice."

The silence made me only cry harder and my sobs echoed. Nightingale appeared out of the castle. She whimpered softly and rubbed her snout on my shoulder. I nodded and wiped my tears.

"She was proud of you." Ruby, behind me, called. She and Matt linked arms and joined my side, kneeling down.

"Kira was the bravest of us all and took her duty seriously. Her sacrifice will not be made in vain." Matt spoke.

"Goodbye, Kira." I whispered kissing her forehead before stepping out of the grave. Nightingale began very gently covering her body with dirt.

Poseidon gently placed his hand on my shoulder and handed me a golden rose as well as her medal. I watched as Matt and Ruby threw their roses in. I followed whispering to it and dropped the rose into the grave. I then kissed the medal once again and placed that on top of her grave.

"She deserves to know she got it." Poseidon nodded and pulled me close. I don't know why but I let him. He held me as we buried my sister.

I didn't cry as I watched my friend disappear. She was now at rest.

We stood in silence waiting until her body was covered fully before walking slowly back to the castle. Matt and Ruby both hugged me before going to their room.

I turned to Poseidon and thanked him for doing that.

"Everyone deserves a proper burial. They don't always get it." I nodded, swallowing the guilt about my mother. I never got to bury her.

"I think it's time for me to go to my room. Thank you, Poseidon."

He wished me a pleasant evening and walked out of the castle as I wandered off to my room. When I got there, I stripped off and stood by the window in my underwear, staring out at the fields. People began to leave the dinner, laughing and playing stupid games with one another. They were happy. I scanned the crowd to see Poseidon.

He was talking to a group of men, roughly his age, and looked uptight. I stared for a moment until they began shoving each other. Shoving turned to yelling and it got others' attention. I watched as their testosterone-filled bodies began to contort in wolves, their clothes ripping apart. Just before they charged at one another, Iris stood between them. Immediately, they stopped and backed off from one another.

As if he knew, a very naked Poseidon turned and looked at me. He smirked and disappeared from view. I gasped and backed away from the window, roughly pulling closed the curtains. I squealed out and shook my head before getting into bed, trying to shake the blush from my cheeks.

AN: vote and comment.

What did you think of Kira's funeral?