In the Lion's Den(Third Person POV)

Start from the beginning

"For what it's worth, I'm glad you found someone who you trust, and who supports you, loves you, is kind to you, is strong for himself and for you", said Arya, and smiled at her elder sister. "You will need that more than all of us. You are the Queen. Heavy is the head that wears the crown".

"You know, I don't actually have a crown. I should have one commissioned", said Audelia thoughtfully. Arya laughed at the response.

"You would look good with a silver crown. But you don't need a Tiara for everyone to know that you are Queen. Cersei needs one, Joffrey needed one. But you don't. Everyone already knows, and respects you for it", replied Arya, and Audelia smiled down at her.

"Look at you, being all smart", Audelia teased, making Arya laugh.

Audelia had missed this kind of interaction with her siblings. The way their conversations just flowed naturally, like they did before everything. But she knew nothing would ever be the same. And that was alright. Everything changed with time, and they had to change with it, otherwise they would get stuck, and be unable to get out and move on. 

Jaime had been taken out of the cells, and forced to bath early in the morning. He had barely gotten a wink of sleep, or so he thought. It was hard to tell whether you were asleep or awake in complete darkness for so long. But judging by the dark bags under his eyes he did not get that much sleep.

The servants quickly dressed him, gave him a new golden hand to wear, a new haircut, and they completely shaved off his beard, giving him a fresh look. He didn't like it. He liked the beard that he had accumulated over the course if his stay in the North. It was comforting, and it served as extra protection against the cold. 

Later, he was brought to Cersei's chambers to wait for her to come from a 'meeting' with her Lords, that will not be attending the meeting but will be affected by it.

"They have arrived, my Lord. The meeting should begin shortly. Her Majesty the Queen wishes for you to accompany her", Qyburn had informed him, and he nodded. Hope filled his chest as he couldn't wait to see Audelia again. It had been too long, more than a fortnight since he last saw her.

As soon as Cersei walked over to him, Jaime straightened himself. 

"How long do you intend to keep me away?", Jaime asked, his voice sore since he hadn't used it for so long. "I made a promise to fight for the living-".

"Our child will rule Westeros", she said, putting a hand over her stomach. Jaime resisted a flinch at the reminder of the abomination that he and Cersei created. 

"He will be King of the Seven Kingdoms, and rule just as I have. Do you not wish to see that happen?", asked Cersei, resisting a small smile. "Do you really want to abandon our child, just like you did with Tommen?".

Cersei knew exactly how to get under Jaime's skin, and play with his heart. He still had nightmares about Tommen, about Myrcella and Joffrey dying in his arms as they begged for his help. He knew he could have prevented their deaths, yet he didn't. He would never forgive himself for this.

"Let them fight it out in the North. Let the monsters kill each other. While we take back what is rightfully ours. While we rule. Together. Like we were always meant to", Cersei said, her voice quiet as she got closer, leaning forward towards his lips.

For the first time in his life, Jaime pulled away. He didn't want Cersei on him. He didn't want her anywhere near him. And for the first time, his body seemed to recognize that, since he was able to pull away, and step back, creating distance between him and Cersei.

"No", Jaime said, his voice the opposite of confident, and quiet, barely audible.

"No?", asked Cersei, taken aback a little.