Chai

Chai is sitting quietly in the library, scanning a book she discovered a few days ago, since she cannot quit it now that she has started it. It has approximately 1000 pages and due to the fact that she is a slow reader, she is still on page 500 even though it has been almost 5 days, nearly a week. She checks her phone, in case she gets too absorbed by it and loses track of time. It is not that she is in a rush or anything, her boyfriend is simply expecting her in their apartment. She sadly is not able to borrow books, because they are the university's possession.

Two years ago, obtaining books was allowed, until a student returned one that was torn into pieces. He, as expected, blamed it on his dog, an excuse that passed as believable, however other rules were set to prevent events like this one from happening again, after a lot of people came back with long suffering books. Some of the students had no respect for the books whatsoever.

All of a sudden, someone hugs her from behind. Chai is very popular in university for no specific reason or maybe due to the certitude that she is really helpful, therefore she is forced to assume that this person is another fan of hers. She whacks the person with her book. The unknown peep lets out a yelp and backs off. "I am sorry, but what you did was bothering me." She apologizes. "Yo Chai what the fuck? It is me!" The male exclaims. "Jay? Ooof I did not know. Are you okay?" "No!" She bites her lip and kisses the spot where she hit him. "Is it better?" He nods in agreement.

"Aw, my cute boyfriend!" She pinches his cheeks. "That is not what you said last night when you were screaming my name." Chai chokes on her own saliva. Everyone's attention averts to the both of them. She bows repeatedly (accuse kpop for this once again), gives the books back to the librarian so she can keep it for her next visit and rushes outside, while dragging Jay by the ear. "Ouchie!" "That is what you receive if you say dirty things and embarrass me and yourself in front of the whole library." "But baby, it was the truth." He whines. "It might have been, despite that there were innocent children present. Their ears should not be littered by lewd stuff. Not yet anyways."

Jay looks at her in disbelief. Each and every 'child' is from the age of eighteen till the age of twenty four. He doubts that even one of them has not had any nightstand or even heard of this till now. Okay, to hell the ones with the strict parents, but seriously, it would be absurd for him if this still has not occurred to the rest of the students. Of course, not everyone's mind is set on making out, a thing which Chai is aware of unlike her boyfriend, who reckons that most of the time, not that she minds, unless it affects her studies in any way. Then, she will put a stop to it, as late as she regains her knowledge and raises her scores up. So far her marks have been good and he has been considerate enough, so Jay has not experienced this 'loss' theretofore. It is just in case.

Her parents are really strict as far as this issue is concerned. They always find a way to control her and meddle in her business, even if she is a legal adult herself. She has attempted to escape them before, howbeit toxicity is toxicity, you cannot completely abscond from it. Enough about this though, let's concentrate on the lovely couple. "If you say so. I am sorry for that." "Are you for real?" he shakes his head. Chai sighs and rolls her eyes at him, although she prefers honesty over sugar coated lies. He never learns, does he? "Yo Jaemin, my man! What are you doing?" Jay slaps the poor boy's back hard. "Oh hey Park, nothing much. Have you seen Joy anywhere?" The male feigns that he is considering his answer, rhythmically tapping his chin.

"She is sucking faces with Jisung in the janitor's closet." His face gets pale. "No way. I do not believe you." His orbs reach for Chai's, who he trusts more than Jay. "Play along." Her boyfriend whispers to her. Jaemin does not accredit Jay, because he is known as a joker to the students. "She truly was. Sorry man." "Go catch her in the act." Jay urges him. "I will do so. Thank you for telling me." He sprints away quickly. "I feel so bad for lying." "Nah, do not fret. He will definitely laugh when he discovers that this was a prank and thank me for making him laugh or making his day in general." "He did not seem to be enjoying this." she spits out woefully.