Haunted Mansion (Karlnapity)

Start from the beginning

Yet, regardless of all this, I still couldn't shake the feeling of being followed. Every time I turned around, however, there was nothing there.

The next room - being a grand open-space dining room in the middle of the two staircases on the lower floor - was too shadowy to the point where Karl whipped out a flashlight. Immediately, he held it beneath his chin, making his face light up a sickly white, with black holes for where his eyes should be and his hair seemed fluffier than usual. I gagged and shuddered a little at the sight, but Karl just grinned and gave a fake evil laugh.

A hand then clasped my shoulder and I imagined it to be Quackity, so relaxed at the touch. That relaxation quickly turned to fear as I saw a fourth figure beside Karl laughing in the same tone as Quackity, also wearing his signature beanie.

I froze. "Qu-Quackity...?"

"Haha, yeah?" the boy beside Karl turned towards me, as the hand on my shoulder vanished. I hoped I was hearing things when the sound of light, receding footsteps echoed up the stairs.

"S- Someone...touched...me."

My body still refused to break out from the statue-like state it had moulded into, with my hands in tense fists on either side of my body and shoulders hunched together.

The two of them held my gaze in the wispy torch light before bursting out laughing.

"Ooooo, Sapnap out here really trying to freak out us!" Quackity wheezed, doubling over.

"No shot! No shot!" Karl giggled, nearly dropping the flash-light.

"No! Guys, I mean it! I'm being serious!"

Quackity hummed skeptically before laughing again. "Yeah, right. Whatever. We're the ones meant to scare you. Not the other way round, dumbass. Maybe if you're not careful the boogey-man will eat you up at home or something, too. Come along, we have more sights to see."

Quackity then took Karl's hand and the two walked off, leaving me behind in shock. I had felt something. And knew we'd been followed this whole time! It wasn't fair that they thought I was messing with them. I was genuinely terrified.

It only escalated as I swore I heard a muffled scream, or two.

"Um, guys...?"

Once I finally took enough deep breaths to run up the stairs, I stopped up the top. Where had they gone?

"K-Karl? Quack-ity? Hello?"

No reply. Not even the creaking of the purple-ish floorboards or anything.

"This isn't funny. I- I'm scared, ok? I admit it! Is that what you wanted?"

Still nothing.

"Guys!"

By this point I had begun to hyperventilate and felt like the floor was swallowing me up. My limbs trembled and I bunched my hands up just so they had something to do.

In a small voice, I tried one last time. "Guys...?"

A figure walked towards me.

"Oh my god! You idiots, why did you do that to me?" I sighed.

The dark figure didn't respond, yet kept approaching with a slight laugh. The scent of a cigar began to linger in the air, as some American voice rang out. "To answer your question, I did it for the thrill of it. You are in my house, of course."

I gave a sharp scream as they ran and spun behind me, and clamped both my eyes and mouth shut with their icy hands before prodding me onwards.

I tried asking where I was being taken, but couldn't get my words out with the barrier in place.

"Everything will be just fine. I'll deal with you like I dealt with you little fiances."

The smoke smell reeked as he spoke close to my ear.

"'ll k'll y'u 'f y'u h'rt th'm," I muffled behind the chilly hand. My heart hammered in my chest as I stepped blindly wherever it was I was taken - which appeared to be downstairs and...downstairs again. There was a cellar?

"No need for that!" the man laughed, as we stopped. I heard...giggling?

The hands were removed and as I blinked rapidly and gulped down the musty yet free air, my eyes bugged out.

"What?!" I screamed as I watched Karl and Quackity now openly in hysterics, wheezing and holding one another. Spinning around to face my 'attacker', I saw it to be a guy with a goatee and a plaid, red, lumberjack outfit. "HBomb?!"

"Yeah!" Karl choked out with laughter. "We wanted to spook you and we did! We so did! We got him good, Big Q!"

HBomb grinned and laughed before wrapping an arm around my shoulders and jostling them around a bit. I let it happen as I was still trying to process the last few minutes.

"Wh...What?"

HBomb cleared his throat before he explained, as my fiances were too breathless to talk. "I got hired to do all I could to scare you. Cold air machine at the start. Walking and hiding behind you guys. Even grabbing your shoulder. AND the last part was all my idea, which of course they loved. Man, this has made my day!"

Karl and Quackity rushed me before wrapping me in a hug and bouncing up and down excitedly. "You got sca-ared, you got sca-ared," they taunted while they jumped. I couldn't help but start to chuckle at their antics and the realisation that I really had nothing to fear from the start.

"Oh my god, I hate you guys. That's it - no more wedding."

"WHAT?!" they both screamed.

"Kidding! Just kidding!"

Quackity slapped me. "Don't joke about that! It was just for fun!" he pouted.

"Fiiiine," I sighed playfully, "I guess I can forgive you..."

I got a huge squeeze from both of them at my middle, and almost lost my breath. I felt HBomb clamp down on my shoulder in a friendly manner, this time I luckily knew who touched me there.

Sarcastically, I said. "Thanks, H, for the scare of my life."

"You're welcome man, anytime."

"Hopefully not too soon."

Karl and Quackity giggled, before saying in sync, "Love you Saaaap."

"Man, I love you guys too."

*****————*****

This one ended up a bit shorter than I would have liked but I did want to put something out there, so hope this was ok!

Also it was fun including HBomb in something :]

Hope you guys have a great day/arvo/night and thank you for nearly 600 reads!!!

ALSO make sure to check out my other book! Over half of it has now been posted :) (although no pressure ofc I'm just excited about it)