Brother's bestfriend

You had just woken up in your bed at the chateau after an awesome party with the Pogues last night. Your head was pounding as your eyes adjusted to the small amount of light that was pouring into your bedroom.

After a while you turned over, still underneath your covers but to your surprise there was someone laying next to you.
Your brother's bestfriend, JJ Maybank.

The sleeping boy looked so peaceful. His messy blonde hair was brushing over his perfect face with every breath he took.

Then you noticed his eyes slowly flutter open, displaying his sleepy ocean blue eyes.
A shocked expression appeared on his face as he started to realise where he was.

"I'm in your bed?" He said in a confused tone as he ran his fingers through his messy hair.

You let out a small chuckle before sitting up, bunching the warm covers around your waist.
"I guess you are."

"I mean I'm not complaining." He said with a small smirk which only made you smile.

"So remind me how I got here again?" He asked, clearly knowing as much about the situation as you.

"I was hoping you'd know." You said with a small sigh before resting your back against the wooden headboard behind you.

"Do you think we- you know-"

"I wouldn't put it past you." You joked, trying not to lead yourself into an awkward situation.
He just smiled and shook his head, thankfully noticing what you were trying to accomplish.

"Well that was unexpected huh?" He replied, rolling onto his side to face you properly.

A small smile had made it's way across your lips as you looked at the boy next to you. But your face dropped as you remembered something.

What was John B going to say!?

Yeah most of the time he was relaxed, but as your brother he always felt the need to protect you. Quite often it got annoying and it felt like he was controlling you, but you learned to push past it.

"What? Are you okay?" JJ asked, concerned about your sudden expression change.

"How are we gonna tell JB?" You asked nervously, already picturing how agitated he will probably be.

"Relax he can't be that bad." He replied simply causing you to raise your eyebrows.
"Okay he is that bad, but he can't stay mad forever right?"

You let out a small sigh knowing that he was actually right for once.
Gosh he's a bad influence.

He carefully slid his hand into mine and gave it a slight squeeze.
"Am I right or am I right?" He said with a cheeky smile.

"Yeah, yeah whatever." You groaned and playfully rolled your eyes.

"He probably won't get up for another hour anyway." He joked, earning a small chuckle from you.

An idea suddenly popped into your head.
"Hey what if we both leave my room before he wakes up so that he would never have to know."

"I mean yeah but that means we actually have to get up." He said with a hint of disappointment.

"Aw you poor thing." You replied sarcastically earing a glare from the blonde boy.
"C'mon sleepyhead."

You slowly untangled yourself from the covers before finally standing upright. JJ however was still laying on his back looking at you with a small smile.

"What?" You chuckled, confused as to why he was looking at you like he was.

"Nothing." He replied, hesitating slightly before starting to climb out of bed.

With nothing being said, you quietly made your way over to your bedroom door so that the two of you could make a subtle exit.

"Would it be weird if I told you that you're definitely the prettiest girl I've woken up next to?" He blurted out randomly, which instantly caused your face to burn red.

"Uh, no that's actually kind of sweet." You finally replied, stopping just before opening your bedroom door.

"I don't mean to sound all soppy or anything but it's true." He admitted, putting a smile on your face.

"No it was cute." You teased, causing him to shake his head with another smirk which drove you crazy.

"C'mon pretty boy before my brother wakes up." You giggled before twisting the doorknob, pulling the door towards you.

"Pretty boy? Really?" He chuckled grimacing at your choice of words as he followed you out of your bedroom.

The two of you quietly made your way down the short hallway, into the small messy livingroom.

"Damn y/n, I knew you had a boy in there but I didn't expect it to be my bestfriend."

Both of you quickly spun around to see John B leaning against the cluttered kitchen countertop.

Shit.

"Look, we're really sorry okay? We don't even remember last night and I don't want to argue with you about it." You explained, hoping to at least calm the situation down a little.

"You literally slept with my bestfriend and you expect me to be fine with it!?" He snapped.

"C'mon man it was only one night." JJ said, trying to ease the argument.

"We were both drunk as hell and didn't mean it." You added quickly.

"Why don't you guys think this is a big deal?" John B argued, staring at the two of you who were now standing on the opposite side of the countertop.

"Because it's not! JB you hook up with girls all the time and it doesn't bother me, so why are you acting like this?" You responded, hitting him with the honest truth.

"He's my bestfriend y/n so of course I'm gonna care!" He said with a sigh.

A few moments of silence flew by before he spoke up again.
"I'll be back later, I need to clear my head."

And with that, the curly headed boy made his way to the front door and dissapeared out into the yard.

"Well he handled that well." JJ said sarcastically, letting out a deep breath.

You stayed silent not having the effort to say anything.
What was there to say anyway?

"Hey it'll be okay. He'll come around sooner or later."

"I really hope so." You said with a sigh before sitting down on the old sofa.

It didn't take long before JJ came to sit in the spot next to you.
In attempt to comfort you he carefully slung his arm around your shoulders.

"Even though this has caused so much shit, I don't regret it at all." He said softly, which once again made you smile.

"Really?"

"Yeah, and I really wish I could remember what happened last night." He said with a childish grin.

"Oh yeah?" You teased, causing his smile to grow.

"Definitely."

"Me too." You agreed after a short pause, which only made his smile grow.

"I mean your brother's not home-" He chuckled, raising his eyebrows.

"Hell no! Maybe another day." You replied with a sly wink.

"I can work with that."